• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I got the email about orders to Ireland being on hold because of DPD. I was still at over 140 in the queue so I assume I wasn't actually in a position to have the card sent to me yet. I don't want to cancel the order because its' still the only way I can see of getting a card, I just want to know am I still moving up the queue? I'm not being passed out because I'm on hold am I?

Permabanned
So what’s this email about the queue being paused due to DPD, because it makes it sound like I should be getting one shipped next week but also that the queue has been paused till you ship again and people did get shipping notifications for their 3080 Strix OC which is the queue I’m in.

Associate
Having said all that, I just got the queue email and seemed to have moved 132 places since the 24th December. This is on the base ASUS TUF 3080.

Whilst that still puts me MONTHS away from a card, it's not nothing I guess.

Associate
Ordered Asus 3080 TUF OC 15/10/2020

23/10/2020 - queue position 1017
08/01/2021 - queue position 314

Maybe I should update my will so that my daughter will inherit the graphics card?

Associate
That OC shipment that covered Non OC customers has pushed the TUF queue forward a decent whack, I'm up to 39 now.
Just hoping that the next ASUS shipment Gibbo has mentioned in the update actually has some of the unicorn SKU on it!

Associate
Gaming X trio

23/12/20 - Queue pos - 59
8/1/21 - Queue pos - 18

one more shipment please! although for getting 44 cards and moving 41 places I have no clue what happened there.

Caporegime
I think you'll find that the reason why brands are doing this at the moment is because it's other components rather than GPU which are dictating what they can build. There's shortages on PCBs, specific ICs and a load of other random parts and since there's very few parts on the Ventus which would also be found on something like the Suprim for example, they can build one but not the other.

It's also the most likely reason why Asus seemed able to make TUF but not Strix. There will be something on the Strix that is in short supply.

The issue is though that the ventus is a relatively simple card as far as 3080s go. If you, as a manufacturer, can't get lower end components then you upgrade them and either absorb the costs in the short term and/or increase the price of the product moving forwards. You don't just not supply the product for 4 months. I appreciate you don't work for MSI, but their service and comms have been utter dross. Repeatedly ignoring emails I've sent them and posts on all of their social media platforms.
Then to launch a new variation of a product that likely thousands of people have been waiting for for 4 months is nothing short of taking the proverbial.

Associate
The issue is though that the ventus is a relatively simple card as far as 3080s go. If you, as a manufacturer, can't get lower end components then you upgrade them and either absorb the costs in the short term and/or increase the price of the product moving forwards. You don't just not supply the product for 4 months. I appreciate you don't work for MSI, but their service and comms have been utter dross. Repeatedly ignoring emails I've sent them and posts on all of their social media platforms.
Then to launch a new variation of a product that likely thousands of people have been waiting for for 4 months is nothing short of taking the proverbial.

If it’s so simple, why not make your own?

Associate
Because I'm not a multimillion pound, leading manufacturer of computing components.

Any more thick suggestions?

I think you had them all sown up with “this is a simple card to make”. Random internet man. I just reject the premise of your initial assertion, that is that you have the faintest idea what you’re talking about.

Associate
Okay so assuming the queue updates went out today, and assuming I didn't hear anything (As I didn't), should I assume I'm not in the queue for this? I ordered a full rig on December 24th, and I'm fairly sure it's just the graphics card that's not in stock yet, so what's the deal? Do single/small item purchases have a different queue set to full rig/ big purchases or something?

Associate
Ordered Asus 3080 TUF OC 15/10/2020

23/10/2020 - queue position 1017
08/01/2021 - queue position 314

Maybe I should update my will so that my daughter will inherit the graphics card?

Haha!! That's nothing!...

Asus 3080 TUF Non-OC

06/11/2020 - queue position 2090
08/01/2021 - queue position 1319

I'm instructing my 11yo daughter that when she grows up, falls in love, gets married, has her own kids, they can have mine, if it's arrived by then :)

Back
Top Bottom