Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Why use a jug when you can have a Brita water tank in the fridge? That's how I do it and just fill up an insulated water bottle.
Why use a filter at all? The water out of the tap is filtered, you're bound to be also drinking loads of processed fizzy drinks / alcohol etc. that are far more concerning than the minerals in the water.

Nowadays you'd have to be particularly unfortunate to have a mains water supply that doesn't supply satisfactorily clean drinking water.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with UK water. Not sure it needs filtering again but alright spend you money how you like :D

Not from a health point of view, but I did have a friend who had some high tech filter thing, and it was kind of strange. The water was wet and cold, but had absolutely no flavour at all. Totally neutral. I suppose you get used to it as much as you get used to water from the taps that has a taste.

Soldato

I know I'm not describing it well, but tap water usually has something that isn't neutral. Whether it's a hint of the chemicals from the water supply, or the local mineral levels, or the pipes, there's often a certain slight local flavour to the water. The same with some bottled waters, there's a certain flavour profile just from the manufacturing/cleaning process. Highly filtered water which is almost nothing but H2O is just completely blank.

It's like the difference between air in the city, air up a mountain, or air at the coast.

Soldato
Tap water is acquired taste, stop drinking it for a while then taste it.

I live in fairly central London and I can't stand the taste of the tap water. I find it quite metallic and it seems to suck all the saliva out of my face. We had a water filter fitted in the kitchen and also feeding the ensuite shower (I didn't ask for this, the plumber thought my daughter would appreciate it - and she does).

I'm not sure there's anything 'wrong' with the water as such, but it can taste horrible.

Soldato
I live in fairly central London and I can't stand the taste of the tap water. I find it quite metallic and it seems to suck all the saliva out of my face. We had a water filter fitted in the kitchen and also feeding the ensuite shower (I didn't ask for this, the plumber thought my daughter would appreciate it - and she does).

I'm not sure there's anything 'wrong' with the water as such, but it can taste horrible.
Out of interest, has this impacted scale buildup? I'm in Zone 2 London and our shower glass scales up within a few showers. Tempted to get a filter just to save me descaling so often!

Soldato
Why use a filter at all? The water out of the tap is filtered, you're bound to be also drinking loads of processed fizzy drinks / alcohol etc. that are far more concerning than the minerals in the water.

Nowadays you'd have to be particularly unfortunate to have a mains water supply that doesn't supply satisfactorily clean drinking water.

Cause I don't like the taste. I prefer a neutral blank tasting water that's cold out of the fridge.

And no, since switching to filtered water I have completely stopped drinking all crap stuff. It's coffee/tea/water for me now.

Back
Top Bottom