• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Associate
Looks like there is a new driver just for 6800XT & 6900 cards which is the .2 drive.

20.12.1 is the most recent for base 6800.

I also had display port issues, I DDU'd all drivers and started again from fresh which fixed it.

Still rubbish performance in Warzone, great everywhere else. My mates 5700xt out performs it :p

Thanks I actually upgraded to the new driver 20.12.2 and found Trixx Resolution upscaling working OK.

With the display ports I was actually being OCD and trying to pull them up and there has to be some give otherwise you wouldn't be able to remove the plug! (The plug doesn't move downwards or side-side when prodded)

If you properly seat the Display Port plugs with a clunk/click or whatever then there's no issue.

Wish I didn't have OCD!!!! Life would be so much simpler- I've just wasted 24hrs worrying about it until I concluded the above.

I'm getting 150 FPS at 1440p on Forza on MAX settings, 170 FPS @1440p in Cold War COD without Ray Tracing (about 90-100fps with Ray Tracing on Ultra), haven't tried warzone yet- can't think why it would perform worse?

Soldato
Thanks I actually upgraded to the new driver 20.12.2 and found Trixx Resolution upscaling working OK.

With the display ports I was actually being OCD and trying to pull them up and there has to be some give otherwise you wouldn't be able to remove the plug! (The plug doesn't move downwards or side-side when prodded)

If you properly seat the Display Port plugs with a clunk/click or whatever then there's no issue.

Wish I didn't have OCD!!!! Life would be so much simpler- I've just wasted 24hrs worrying about it until I concluded the above.

I'm getting 150 FPS at 1440p on Forza on MAX settings, 170 FPS @1440p in Cold War COD without Ray Tracing (about 90-100fps with Ray Tracing on Ultra), haven't tried warzone yet- can't think why it would perform worse?

Yer cold war multiplayer is fine, just seems that Warzone is horrendously optimised. GPU utilisation barely goes over 60-70% and the clocks keep dropping.

Think it's a combo of poor game, poor drivers, CPU bottlenecking at 1080p (3600x). I bet if I move up to 1440p it will perform just as well!

Soldato
Spent all this time trying to get a new GPU but in the end I'm back to good ol' XCOM & Tower Defense games that can run on a toaster. :D

Associate
Yer cold war multiplayer is fine, just seems that Warzone is horrendously optimised. GPU utilisation barely goes over 60-70% and the clocks keep dropping.

Think it's a combo of poor game, poor drivers, CPU bottlenecking at 1080p (3600x). I bet if I move up to 1440p it will perform just as well!
I remember i've seen in a video that they messed some settings for the CPU's, see if this is your case. ( you need to fix the number of cores in a confing file for the game to work well )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s

Associate
Looks like there is a new driver just for 6800XT & 6900 cards which is the .2 drive.

20.12.1 is the most recent for base 6800.

I also had display port issues, I DDU'd all drivers and started again from fresh which fixed it.

Still rubbish performance in Warzone, great everywhere else. My mates 5700xt out performs it :p
I feel a bit disappointed with the Warzone performance on my 6800, 1440p almost everything on low and it averages about 130fps. Was hoping for a bit more or Maybe I just had my expectations too high.

Soldato
Hey folks, bought a 6800 from a scalper ( yes I know :/) he bought it directly from AMD, however he didn't supply the original invoice, my question is, will AMD honour the warranty without the direct invoice or will it go via serial?

Caporegime
Hey folks, bought a 6800 from a scalper ( yes I know :/) he bought it directly from AMD, however he didn't supply the original invoice, my question is, will AMD honour the warranty without the direct invoice or will it go via serial?
You’re out of luck, unless the person you bought it from agrees to participate and help any return. You would need the order number and serial. Any replacement would be sent to the user who bought it.

Soldato
You’re out of luck, unless the person you bought it from agrees to participate and help any return. You would need the order number and serial. Any replacement would be sent to the user who bought it.

Thanks Matt, good news I've got the original invoice, would I still need the original purchaser if it ever came down to it ?

Caporegime
Thanks Matt, good news I've got the original invoice, would I still need the original purchaser if it ever came down to it ?
Yes, as any replacement will get sent to him i suspect. You could ask AMD to send it to the new address, but I'm not sure if they would. I am fairly sure warranty is tied to the original purchaser only.

If the person you bought it from will help you out and ship the replacement to you then you are good and will be okay. But if you bought that outside of the MM, that could be a big ask. Really depends how honest and helpful the seller is.

Soldato
Yes, as any replacement will get sent to him i suspect. You could ask AMD to send it to the new address, but I'm not sure if they would. I am fairly sure warranty is tied to the original purchaser only.

If the person you bought it from will help you out and ship the replacement to you then you are good and will be okay. But if you bought that outside of the MM, that could be a big ask. Really depends how honest and helpful the seller is.

Cheers Matt, Legend.
Fingers crossed it never comes down to it, Glad i purchased this over the 3070

Soldato
I suspect something to do with this.

Ah, thanks for that. I hadn't been aware of that video. Kinda avoided much to do with GPU's for a while due to availability and pricing. Sadly I'm seeing the 6800 (not XT) at close to some 3080 prices, when it can be found in stock.

Goodness knows when and if prices will "normalise".

@JediFragger thanks for that video also.

Caporegime
Good find forgot about SAM on top too. Looking forward to further improvements to SAM
Ah, thanks for that. I hadn't been aware of that video. Kinda avoided much to do with GPU's for a while due to availability and pricing. Sadly I'm seeing the 6800 (not XT) at close to some 3080 prices, when it can be found in stock.

Goodness knows when and if prices will "normalise".

@JediFragger thanks for that video also.
Yeah prices are just bizarre for everything right now.

Soldato
137218248_3665729023491723_3880865322770529854_n.jpg

@Kaapstad THOR sir :D

Back
Top Bottom