Are joggers the new cyclists?

Soldato
I've seen (or not) lots of joggers who think it's a fantastic idea to go jogging early evening with no lights of reflective gear on. Do I need to stop if I knock one over do I have to stop if I can't see them? (That's a joke incase one of you is an easily offender jogger:p). This is just a general rant of frustration.

Soldato
Don't think there's legs in trying to demonise pedestrians.

Anyway exactly how are these pedestrians impeding your motor vehicle, early evening or not.

Soldato
Don't think there's legs in trying to demonise pedestrians.

Anyway exactly how are these pedestrians impeding your motor vehicle, early evening or not.

Loads have started running on the roads now where I live I'm guessing because the roads are more grippy in the cold conditions at the moment.

They generally haven't been a problem for me though. They are very observant compared to a significant number of cyclists who also tend to be the ones with next to no lighting.
Although most cyclists this time of year compared to normal are also pretty good, I guess the only ones braving the cold are the experienced ones.

Soldato
Yeah i've found this around here as out in the sticks there's no such thing as pavements on the lanes, so people all in black running in a good metre+ from the hedgerow almost in the middle of the road can be quite a hazard especially as they've all got headphones in and are oblivious to the traffic.

I think most of them are new runners taken up during the lockdown so they've not learnt they need to actually pay attention, be seen and be careful now its dark and there's a lot more cars on the road than when they started in the summer.

The local runners who've been doing it for ages are fine, they wear high viz and head torches and don't wear headphones.

Soldato
no I have the reflective gear ... I just need to get a head torch with a better high beam, hopefully alexa controlled, to force the drivers off of high beam ...
what does it take to trigger-off the matrix/auto headlights - do i need tinfoil

what is
31022148527_c5fd633e27_o_d.jpg

Soldato
I've seen (or not) lots of joggers who think it's a fantastic idea to go jogging early evening with no lights of reflective gear on. Do I need to stop if I knock one over do I have to stop if I can't see them? (That's a joke incase one of you is an easily offender jogger:p). This is just a general rant of frustration.

My favourites are the joggers who are approaching people on the pavement and seem to think the threat of getting Covid and dying from briefly running past someone is higher than them jumping into the road in front of my car.

Soldato
I noticed a couple of joggers here have a reflective strap that crosses over their torso with a very effective but not at all blinding white light on the front and a red one on the back. Seems a very sensible bit of kit, especially in our village that has no streetlights and sections without a footpath.

Capodecina
Soldato

This is likely because they're 'casual joggers' and, like last year, are people who are not normally runners but have taken up running because of lockdown.

You can normally spot them a mile off [in the daytime] because they wear old, mismatched shorts a t-shirts. I personally find them a massive pain in the arse since, as well as getting in the way, they breathe their germs [and potentially virus] all over you.

And cyclists annoy me to hell and back too.

Caporegime
My favourite is when I'm out running, with reflective clothing on (during the day) and drivers come inches near you, even though they could just slow down and take a wide berth. That's awesome, I feel like dying all the time because of peoples superiority and their rush to get home 10 seconds quicker.
This is likely because they're 'casual joggers' and, like last year, are people who are not normally runners but have taken up running because of lockdown.

You can normally spot them a mile off [in the daytime] because they wear old, mismatched shorts a t-shirts. I personally find them a massive pain in the arse since, as well as getting in the way, they breathe their germs [and potentially virus] all over you.

OMG, how dare people keep fit. Spraying their virus all over the place, disgusting.

Soldato

You sound like a friendly chap :p

As an ex-cyclist and now doing the occasional run I find polluting motorists annoy me.

Associate
My favourites are the joggers who are approaching people on the pavement and seem to think the threat of getting Covid and dying from briefly running past someone is higher than them jumping into the road in front of my car.

bit unfair, joggers got so much hate during the first lockdown for running near pedestrians/walkers.

Capodecina
Soldato
On the bright side, if you feel that strongly against breathing and aren't a hypocrite this shouldn't be a problem for you for long.

Should be resolved already in fact.

I have been running all my life, but I have shelved it for my own well-being and those of others, especially seeing as COVID symptoms take some days to show. Looking forward to getting back to it when this whole mess is over.

The selfish people are those who refuse to make changes to their lifestyle at the expense of others' health.

And I do own reflective gear :p

Associate
I have been running all my life, but I have shelved it for my own well-being and those of others, especially seeing as COVID symptoms take some days to show. Looking forward to getting back to it when this whole mess is over.

The selfish people are those who refuse to make changes to their lifestyle at the expense of others' health.

And I do own reflective gear :p

sounds like you're going to make yourself ill in other ways... or with that attitude already have ;)

Back
Top Bottom