• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powercolor 6900XT no box?

Soldato
Not sure what there is to work out they supplied a part that you didn't order so they will need to arrange a return and either sent out the part you ordered or give you refund simples!

Yeh I’m not sure what there is to work out either. Unless a staff member has done some fiddling...
They said they were working what happened as they only found out on Thursday. After some deliberation they offered me some money off (not enough) to keep my MBA card. I have said I want to see AMD direct prices otherwise I'm not interested.

... if you return it you're going to be waiting AAAAGGGEEES for another card.
This is the problem. But not my problem, and they need to fix it immediately. I left the ball in their court: cough up a better discount which is appropriate to what I received, or find me an immediate alternative card.

Soldato
They said they were working what happened as they only found out on Thursday. After some deliberation they offered me some money off (not enough) to keep my MBA card. I have said I want to see AMD direct prices otherwise I'm not interested.

This is the problem. But not my problem, and they need to fix it immediately. I left the ball in their court: cough up a better discount which is appropriate to what I received, or find me an immediate alternative card.

It's both your problems if they can't get stock to give you, it's not as if a 6900xt is made out of thin air.

Soldato
Right now I’ve taken photos but am not going to open it fully. Awaiting reply from their customer service. UK shop as well.

Can we see them ?

Christ, I hope they offer you a refund if it is out of a prebuilt or B-stock

I would have thought a B stock 6900xt is nigh on impossible.

What was the discount though you were offered ? If its fully working and just doesnt have a box then I might have took it in your position OP.
Can always buy a box from somewhere.

Yeah i raised a ticket early morning Thursday, called them on both Thursday and yesterday and that was followed by their offer email from them at 4pm yesterday.

Did you not try the online chat ?

Associate
I thought I was the only one. Ordered a Red devil 6900XT and receive OEM card no box standard card. They asked for pictures on friday which I sent over. If they mess me around I am going to go to my CC company to issue chargeback.

Associate
@Heofz Im in the same boat as you did you get a resolution? Im sad to have to go look for another card but not getting ripped off. Im think they would need to drop £200? To keep the card? Also if it goes back do they pay postage??

Last edited:
Soldato
@Heofz Im in the same boat as you did you get a resolution? Im sad to have to go look for another card but not getting ripped off. Im think they would need to drop £200? To keep the card? Also if it goes back do they pay postage??
Not heard from them today. But yes they arrange DPD collection for RMAs. The reference cards are on AMD atm for less than £900 and those still come with retail packaging. I told them it needs to be £900 for me to keep the card which I think is fair, especially as these were definitely procured in bulk (hence brown box jobbies) for what I suspect was way less than that.

Associate
Not heard from them today. But yes they arrange DPD collection for RMAs. The reference cards are on AMD atm for less than £900 and those still come with retail packaging. I told them it needs to be £900 for me to keep the card which I think is fair, especially as these were definitely procured in bulk (hence brown box jobbies) for what I suspect was way less than that.
Thank you for your update. I’ll keep you updated if they contact me on Monday. I wonder if they have reddevil stock since all they sent was stock cards.

Soldato
Thank you for your update. I’ll keep you updated if they contact me on Monday. I wonder if they have reddevil stock since all they sent was stock cards.
Their guy told me that every single person who ordered a red devil that day got sent the same as us. No idea what they're playing at with their labels... some funny business going on in their warehouse that's for sure.

Caporegime
Sounds like it was yoinked out of a system to sell separately, seriously what other reason would a pc store warehouse have for sending out a card without the proper box?

Soldato
Sounds like it was yoinked out of a system to sell separately, seriously what other reason would a pc store warehouse have for sending out a card without the proper box?
The first lady I spoke to tried to pass it off as "oh yeah sometimes we do that to save on shipping costs, I wouldn't worry about it".

That would mean they still have the empty boxes laying around right? Absolute ******** :D

Soldato
OP
What about warranty? I bet you lose rights if it’s out of a pre built system...

This is another thing im worried about. It has no mention of Powercolor on the card either. This is obvously a OEM card meant for prebuilds but since the listing says "brownbox" (i didn't think it did when i ordered and its not on my invoice) i guess i will just stick with it. If i had used credit card or debit i would have asked for a refund, but having used bitcoin im probably going to lose too much in fee's to make it worthwhile

Soldato
Without a box would usually indicate stock allocated to pre-built units. With CPUs, they arrive in trays ass opposed to individual boxes so that might be the reason for lack of package. It wouldn't indicate a lower quality card though but if it is pre-build allocation then I thought they weren't allowed to sell those retail?

+1 I was thinking the same thing almost word for word

Soldato
What about warranty? I bet you lose rights if it’s out of a pre built system...
Most people are unaware but your consumer rights exists between you and the retailer up to a maximum of 6 years, unless items are expected to wear or fail earlier such as consumables & batteries etc, so realistically I wouldn't really worry about that.

I once got a full refund for a graphics card for a different retailer 4 years after I bought it when it failed. They tried to argue against it until I reminded them of the consumer rights act, and got an independent shop to verify that the problem arose due to a manufacturing defect and not regular use. Despite protests, they didn't have a leg to stand on.. though I didn't expect them to refund me the original purchase amount, I only wanted an equivalent replacement :D

Back
Top Bottom