Vodafone router

Associate
Hi I signed up for Vodafone broadband in nov last year and it’s rubbish it says I’m getting 46 mb on the app but if I connect my laptop direct I can’t get more than30 mb also the WiFi is awfull even with two wireless repeaters fitted I’ve tried getting Vodafone to sort it but to be quite frank the people haven’t got a clue plus I can’t change the WiFi channel on the router because Vodafone changed the software on it 3 days after I got it so the channel is now fixed anyone got any answers please

Soldato
Given up on punctuation for the new year?

Are you asking for a recommendation for a replacement router?

46 meg on what app?

By connected directly do you mean with a network cable straight to the router?

Associate
OP
46 meg on the Vodafone broadband app.
Yes it was a direct connection to the router with a network cable .
And yes I’ll take a recommendation for a router .

Caporegime
Yeah it's pretty standard for Vodafone. The only fix is to leave. If you're in contract then you need to put your complaint in writing so you can be let out your contract.

img

img

Associate
I have been stuck with Vodafone and changed it to a zenwifi xt8. The wireless is good and firmware is now pretty stable. You need to ask them for the login details. I have never got exactly the speed any provider said with bt, sky etc.

Soldato
Seen this before people running speed tests but arent clued up enough to understand that if other people are watching youtube or windows updates are going on its going to drop your speed test scores. And wifi not best to speed test with unless you've done proper scans to check frequency congestion etc and not optimized it proper.

Back
Top Bottom