takes a long time to start

Don
Is this from cold?

I take it you know you have to wait for your glow plugs to warm prior to starting?

Generally the older the car the longer that process takes (unless they have been replaced)

Man of Honour
Some of the Nissans pre approx. 2014 or so need a moment for the electronics to do their thing, kind of like booting a computer, as well in my experience - some other vehicles like VWs seem to sort themselves out much quicker.

Associate
OP

ok, I've waited for the glow plug's icon to disappear then i turn the key to start the ignition and it's still the same.

this was doing it during autumn.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like it's labouring a little there, so the battery could be getting tired.

You can cycle the glowplugs a few times, too, and see if that makes any difference. Might have a duff one, or they might not be up to scratch any more.

Last edited:
Don
It's old and probably cold, you can do the plugs multiple times to see if it helps, or just get new plugs if the start time annoys you :) but to me it doesn't appear to be the end of the world.

Man of Honour
My Navara was doing similar - friend had a poke around came to conclusion loose connection EDIT: Ignore poster below is probably correct.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yesterday I replaced the battery in my mother in laws 2008 micra as she was having issues. Lots of short journeys was leading to the battery being on it's way out. New battery and it's all good again until she kills this one again!

Associate
OP
thank you guys, i do have a smart battery charger that i bought a few years ago. I'll get the battery check using this, if i really do need to change it then i will buy a replacement battery.
I'll try to keep you guys updated.

vvJNqv5.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom