Steam issue - bought duplicate CSGO skin by accident

Soldato
Such an important life lesson has only cost you £2! Bargain mate, bargain!

My fups tend to cost me a lot more!!!

Soldato
You would have done a charge back on your card? Hahahaha

Valve take that **** VERY seriously, Credit card and Paypal reversals have ended up with whole account closures in the past.

There Op does have a point though, regardless of how **** we all know skins to be, they can be a bit of fun but if Valve say "no transaction made", they should ensure their systems mean that.

Valve enable this **** ery, they need to accept the consequences when/if their systems go wrong.

What time are we talking between you getting the "transaction failed" message and then the market confirmation email?

Keep persisting with Valve, be polite about it, they may pull through, you just need to get the support agent on a good day.

Valve have improved their customer service over the years but they are still not the best.

Soldato
OP
You would have done a charge back on your card? Hahahaha
No, I said to them had it been a standard credit card transaction I would have had it resolved and refunded in no time at all.

There Op does have a point though, regardless of how **** we all know skins to be, they can be a bit of fun but if Valve say "no transaction made", they should ensure their systems mean that.
Exactly. If they drop in a few "server not found" errors to a few thousand people every week who knows how much extra money they can skim off people. It's a principle.

Back
Top Bottom