• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New 5800X CPU - Network Card not Working

Associate
I've got an Asus Prime X570-P that works perfectly fine with a 3600X CPU, however when i put in my new 5800X the Network card wont recognize the cable is in so wont bring the ethernet link up. I've rebuil with a fresh copy of windows that doesnt help, and now with the fresh copy if windows put the old 3600X back in and the network card works perfectly.

The Network card is recognized by the new CPU it just wont allow it to come on line - do i have a dodgy CPU ?

the board had the 3101 BIOS, which is compatible with 5800x, and has even had the new 3202 as a test.

Soldato
Do you get any lights around the NIC port to indicate the cable is plugged in?

Have you tried updating the NIC cards from the website?

If you look at the NIC in question in Windows, does it have a red cross and state the network cable is unplugged?

Soldato
Perhaps try loading optimised defaults in BIOS? Odd that a CPU would stop a NIC from working and you've ruled out software I guess as you've done a fresh Windows install. Obviously as stated, still worth double checking drivers etc. Is this the NIC on the motherboard or a standalone card?

Associate
OP
Well that was very weird.

Put the CPU back into the freshly built & now updated Win10 build and its working again.

Just to answer the questions,

I updated the nic drivers with AMD chipset, and ASUS Realtek drivers didnt help at all.

The port was behaving as if there was no cable installed, so no lights at all. Deleted & uninstalled the NIC from device mangler, and that didnt help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom