The Emirates FA Cup 3rd Round Proper ** Spoilers ** [8th - 11th January 2021]

Soldato
So many players who need a performance to stake a claim yet none are doing so :rolleyes:
Van de Beek is starting to play nicely. I like him but frustrated with people comparing him and McSauce. They are different players. Telles has been ok tonight but mediocrity abounds with the rest of them

Van de Beek is starting to play nicely. I like him but frustrated with people comparing him and McSauce. They are different players. Telles has been ok tonight but mediocrity abounds with the rest of them
VDB been average some nice touches
Telles doesn't convince me yet. Some really poor distribution
Lingard needs sold James needs shot and Williams need to go on loan if not sold

fez

fez

Caporegime
This is how United would be without Fernandes. As much as people want to point at our league position we are not improving in any areas that a top manager improves a team in. Ole is not and probably will never be a top manager. Certainly not at United.

Soldato
Not sure what anyone expected with that attacking lineup

Greenwood really provides nothing except finishing , the lad needs to kick on to avoid being the next Macheda

Caporegime
This is how United would be without Fernandes. As much as people want to point at our league position we are not improving in any areas that a top manager improves a team in. Ole is not and probably will never be a top manager. Certainly not at United.

It's an eleven without any of the starting eleven who have basically not played together at all. VDB looks wasted at United to be fair. He would be much better playing for Man City as he would suit their style. He was making some decent moves but it almost felt the players around him were two steps behind. At least we won. I went to bed at half time :p

Soldato
McTominay is developing well, just needs to sort out those occasional sloppy passes....some dangerous ones.

Still don't rate Williams, James. Just about ok for cup games against lousy teams, otherwise not good enough.

Greenwood needs to get out of his dip...maybe needs a run at 9? He's not effective in the wide positions the way Rashford is.

We won without Fernandes though, so a positive!

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's an eleven without any of the starting eleven who have basically not played together at all. VDB looks wasted at United to be fair. He would be much better playing for Man City as he would suit their style. He was making some decent moves but it almost felt the players around him were two steps behind. At least we won. I went to bed at half time :p

The side that was out there was an expensively put together bunch of players though. I wouldn't expect A team standards but I would expect more than that. Its the reason we were outplayed by City so conclusively in the Cup. If we beat other big teams we do it by hitting them on the break or beating their defensive line, not through well orchestrated play. Watching City move the ball through the team vs United it was so evident that we are miles behind them as a team when it comes to shape, movement and understanding between players.

Caporegime
The side that was out there was an expensively put together bunch of players though. I wouldn't expect A team standards but I would expect more than that. Its the reason we were outplayed by City so conclusively in the Cup. If we beat other big teams we do it by hitting them on the break or beating their defensive line, not through well orchestrated play. Watching City move the ball through the team vs United it was so evident that we are miles behind them as a team when it comes to shape, movement and understanding between players.

Yet the first game we were pretty much the same. City are on fire at the moment and have the best team on paper. We had an off day. People read too much into everything. Lets see what happens with Burnley and Liverpool first.

Back
Top Bottom