Anova Precision Cooker - cook sous vide with your iPhone.

Man of Honour
Beef doesn't generally carry parasites and bacteria that can harm you whereas chicken for example does. Agreed on the outside and you would pre sear beef or sear it afterwards.

As such with beef it is a matter of cooking it to your taste. With say chicken there is a whole science around length of time at a certain temp to kill bacteria (instant at higher temp vs longer cook at lower temp and so on). It is predictable.

Soldato
Got a cheap sous vide as something to play with. What a brilliant bit of kit. Did a 14hr topside for today at 54c - absolutely incredible. Also did chanteray carrots, sprouts and a celeriac & pear mash. Each was perfect, so tasty.

Soldato
Has anyone got one of the newer Anova precision machines? I've just received one today as I wanted something smaller than my older Sansaire but the noise it makes is unbearable. I thought it was faulty at first, but appears this is 'normal' due to the smaller pump they've fitted in it.

Sounds like I've got a beehive in the kitchen...

Associate
Just picked one of the Anova Precisions up while discount and before jumping in I'm after a vacuum sealer, any recommendations? Been trawling amazon but there are so many and it's hard to tell what is actually reasonable, budget is up to about £80 max and I know in that range you can get the Anova one but wondering if it's worth going that far?

Soldato
Just picked one of the Anova Precisions up while discount and before jumping in I'm after a vacuum sealer, any recommendations? Been trawling amazon but there are so many and it's hard to tell what is actually reasonable, budget is up to about £80 max and I know in that range you can get the Anova one but wondering if it's worth going that far?

We got ours from Lidl. Just get the proper bags and you`re winning. :)

When you relise you`ve quoted a year old post. :D Sorry.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it wasn't for the fact I bought the Instant Pot Duo with built in sous vide I would have snapped one of them up at those prices.

I still use the app and that of the Joule for timings.

Back
Top Bottom