The Haunting of Bly Manor | Netflix

Commissario
Finished this last night, I felt it for weaker as the series went on and was bored by the last couple of episodes.
Realise that doesn’t coincide with most other opinions on here but yeh, I was disappointed.

Man of Honour
Just to add, there is a series of The Grudge on Netflix that was, as a whole, a good watch. Fans of this or Hill House should check that out.

Soldato
Finished episode 4 last night and I'm just really not feeling this season. The first season I felt like I had to keep watching episode after episode but I just don't care about the house or the characters in this one.

Shame. I'll finish it but if the first one was 10/10 this is a solid 4/10 so far.

Soldato
The first half was watchable. The second half was some of the crappest tv I've seen in years.
That's rather depressing as I watched the 4th episode this evening with my wife (we both loved hill House) and was left very much hoping it gets better. If it gets worse then seriously wtf? Was this really written by the same bunch that did Hill House?

Caporegime
Gave up, will not finish it as was just so weak. Got to the episode where they were all drinking round the fire outside. Bored the crap out of me.

That is the highest rated episode of the series :D That one was brilliant.

Not sure why people don't like the second half, I thought the earliest ones were the weakest and it's rated that way on IMDB too.

Soldato
That is the highest rated episode of the series :D That one was brilliant.

Not sure why people don't like the second half, I thought the earliest ones were the weakest and it's rated that way on IMDB too.

I just found it mind numbingly boring.

the fact her headlight eyed ex boyfriend just disappears after she gets drunk and chucks his glasses in the fire was so anti climactic.

The gardener calling her poppins annoyed me.

Hannahs story jumping about the place became boring. A shame because she was the best actress in it.

Soldato
For those with kids/nephews/nieces etc. - this can lose it's edge a little bit when you realise the little girl is the voice of Peppa Pig.
Now I've typed this, you'll hear nothing but Peppa.

Glad i finished the series before reading that!

Found Peter's accents hard to understand at times.

Nowhere near as good as Hill House, but as a character said, not a ghost story, but a love story (with one scare :))

Enjoyed the 'tucked away' scenes and the penultimate episode, but found the rest of it too long and boring. It started out well, building to ghosts and scares what with the dolls and spooks in the house - but then fizzled to nothing.

Associate
Just to add, there is a series of The Grudge on Netflix that was, as a whole, a good watch. Fans of this or Hill House should check that out.

Whoa, missed this, will check this out - thanks for the heads-up. :)

Yet to watch Bly Manor, reading mixed reviews so put it on the less 'must watch' list - loved Hill House, and will visit Bly at some point.

Soldato
I enjoyed this more than hill house on reflection.

Rewatched both over christmas break and this wins from a story point of view imo.

Hill house was definitely more Horror focused.

I enjoyed the characters in Bly much more too. Hannah and Owen were both really well acted imo

Back
Top Bottom