Creative G6 & Advice for headphones after trying akg702

Associate
Due to EsaT's suggestions and others in here i thought I'd take the dive and pick up the creative g6 B Stock.

It's a great device, i mostly purchased it hoping i could improve audio in Battlefield V via surround sound and clearer sound quality.
The only issue i had with the g6 device was the USB cable supplied was terrible; any moving of my desk or touching the device would disconnect the sound. However, using my old dac fii0's cable solved that.

I have been using the now discontinued Fidelio x2/27's since 2017, and thought maybe i could improve my sound further with the G6 with either the dt990's or AKG 702.. my Fidelio's are starting to fall apart.
I picked the AKG 702 but i will be returning them. I'm no audio snob so maybe take my word with a grain of salt; but i feel everything is clearer / better sound stage with my Fidelio's and i found the AKG so sharp it hurt my ears.

Lowering the sound only made things feel distant but at the same time sharp if that makes sense, i couldn't find a setting that was comfortable.
So i guess maybe these headphones aren't for me? But mostly i only see dt900 and akg 702 suggested on here, and im taking it they are similar in sound.

Is there anything closer to Fidelio's sound that would be a decent upgrade for me? Its not just sound however, comfort is important to me.
Maybe try the Fidelio x3/00's ? I guess i don't mind going to the £300 price range, they don't have to be purely for gaming.

Any advice welcome and Thanks to all.

G

Associate
The K702 are known for being peaky and harsh sounding. The X3 is also quite peaky. The X2 is a bassy, warm headphone with a rough treble. The Koss Porta pro in my opinion does what the X2 does but better, minus the upper mid dip to give it a soundstage scoop. The K702 are quite forward sounding with some deep cup to push things back a little. At that price I'd say go for the H5XX from massdrop which will cost about £250 with customs charges, not as warm but more detailed, open spacious sounding with a better mid range balance and treble resolution.

Soldato
I had the x2s for a while. Upgraded them to a set of HD600s which sounded much better to my ears but it’s a very different sound to the X2.

I have recently purchased a set of Sundara’s and they are another step up from the HD600s. More detail than the 600s. Great imaging and bass also. I had intended on keep both the 600s and the Sundara’s but I just wasn’t listening to the 600s. So I sold them.

Grab a pair of the hifi man Sundara’s. You will not be disappointed.

C64

C64

Soldato
just get another set of fidelio x2hr , surprised they are falling apart im still using fidelio x1's have a back up new set of x2hr as yet unused

most things arent going to impress you going from fidelios until you start getting expensive i'd say

Back
Top Bottom