Citrix Receiver / Workspace issues

Associate
So new build over xmas (5900X, 3080, x570 board) can tackle the highest demanding games and benches, but it struggles with running Citrix Workspace smoothly.

When connecting to my work desktop via Citrix Receiver / Workspace the session opens windowed. If I use shift+f2 to switch to full screen then I get horrible mouse lag.

If I leave it windowed, I have to resize the session otherwise I have to deal with horizontal and vertical scroll bars. Resizing the session results in a lower res, which is horrible to use (blurred/unfocused text). I'm running 2560 x 1440 on both my local and work desktops.

This doesn't occur on my previous build, so figured it's a local setting, but I cannot figure out what.

I've tried connecting via Chrome, Firefox and Edge, as well as with Hardware Acceleration enabled/disabled via the browsers. Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Graphics Settings is already off. All of the mouse / pointer 'enhancements' are disabled.

What else can I do / check?

Soldato
Do you have the latest version installed?

network is really the only thing that could be wrong. It doesn’t really require a demanding PC to run it which is the entire point of it in a way.

Has yours or works network changed recently? Are you downloading stuff (new build so Windows Updates will take a while to download in the background)?

If you’ve downloaded the receiver via the website I’d be checking if there is a later version available from Citrix. I’d be looking at firewalls and AV to see if they’re causing issues. If not then I’d be checking my connection (and works if possible).

m.

Associate
OP
Turns out the issue was having g-sync enabled, turning that off fixes the issue. Annoyingly, I can't seem to do this for just Citrix however - I've added every possible exe from the Citrix folders and disabled g-sync for just those, but the issue remains until I turn it off globally.

Soldato
Turns out the issue was having g-sync enabled, turning that off fixes the issue. Annoyingly, I can't seem to do this for just Citrix however - I've added every possible exe from the Citrix folders and disabled g-sync for just those, but the issue remains until I turn it off globally.
You can. Just go into your Nvidia panel and set up Citrix specific settings such as frame rate etc cap it to 60Hz or whatever makes it work. Basically GPU is trying push through loads of frames where Citrix can’t handle. Etc.

Associate
OP
You can. Just go into your Nvidia panel and set up Citrix specific settings such as frame rate etc cap it to 60Hz or whatever makes it work. Basically GPU is trying push through loads of frames where Citrix can’t handle. Etc.
You mean under "Manage 3D Settings" > "Program Settings" and then Citrix? If so, I've tried this for every .exe I could find in the Citrix folders and no joy. Gave up trying and just have to disable G-sync in the morning and re-enable once logged off for work.

Back
Top Bottom