New Star Trek series - 2017

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Is Kurtman really a committee of four year olds that have overdosed on Skittles & Red Bull ???

This program makes absolutely no sense...

Yes, let's give Bonehead the captaincy because my daughter didn't like numbers...

And did it really have a holographic dead person exploring outside of the holodeck because stuff ???

Aaaaaaaaàarrrrrrrrrdggggggghhnnhnhhhhhhhhhh

So is dilithium sentient now and responds to emotions on sub dimensional level??? Lololololol :D

Soldato
I enjoyed the series as a whole despite its erm lack of consistency and sense.

I mean the fact a kid screams and kills millions no matter what science they try spin is laughable

I just look at this as a Sci fi show, I didn't watch all the original star treks so I don't compare it too much to them as I can't without seeing them all.

The only star trek I watched start to finish was Voyager which I loved.

I do enjoy this as I enjoyed Picard.

Man of Honour
I enjoyed the series as a while despite its erm lack of consistency and sense.

I mean the fact a kid screams and kills millions no matter what science they try spin is laughable

It would make for a pretty rubbish enterprise episode...’and, the ship just randomly blew up, the end’ :p

Completely ridiculous. Literally any other scenario would be less ridiculous.

Caporegime
One question.
What race was the holo representation
Of transtrill bf/gf?

Was it bolian? Blue and kinda fishy? I don't think anyone said anything.

The others being human bajoran and I've already forgot.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
One question.
What race was the holo representation
Of transtrill bf/gf?

Was it bolian? Blue and kinda fishy? I don't think anyone said anything.

The others being human bajoran and I've already forgot.

Not Bolian - Adira was rendered as a Xahean (like Po from Season 2 and that Short Trek episode, or Dahj's boyfriend in the first episode of Picard), Gray as a Vulcan but retaining his hair colour because reasons.

***edit***

Also no explanation given as to how the holo matrix could render him visible to Culber and Saru. Because explaining that would have taken screen time away from wanging on about how awesome Burnham is...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not Bolian - Adira was rendered as a Xahean (like Po from Season 2 and that Short Trek episode, or Dahj's boyfriend in the first episode of Picard), Gray as a Vulcan but retaining his hair colour because reasons.

***edit***

Also no explanation given as to how the holo matrix could render him visible to Culber and Saru. Because explaining that would have taken screen time away from wanging on about how awesome Burnham is...

At least she’s finally captain, that makes sense, she’s saved the whole universe single handed several times - hell, I’d put her in charge of star fleet. The thickest plot armour I’ve ever seen on a character.

Man of Honour
I'm interested to see what enemy will appear next and how it goes.

I don't see her remaining captain in fairness

I never get tired of the Borg, but then again Burnham is probably immune to assimilation or some such. Hopefully they stick to new adversaries or they’ll just ruin them as they did with the Klingons.

Soldato
Hopefully season 4 will be the making of the show. They have spent the last 2 seasons trying to undo everything Fuller demand for season 1.

Now they are finally in a place to start afresh. In the future with a rebuilt Federation, upgraded ship and all new uniforms and tech. Its a fresh start so to speak.

Man of Honour
Hopefully season 4 will be the making of the show. They have spent the last 2 seasons trying to undo everything Fuller demand for season 1.

Now they are finally in a place to start afresh. In the future with a rebuilt Federation, upgraded ship and all new uniforms and tech. Its a fresh start so to speak.

It does look like that way, fingers crossed. Seems like a TOS type setup where they are journeying into the unknown of a reset universe. I’ll believe it when I see it though.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
At least she’s finally captain, that makes sense, she’s saved the whole universe single handed several times - hell, I’d put her in charge of star fleet. The thickest plot armour I’ve ever seen on a character.

Thickest plot armour for the thickest, least intelligent character in the Trek universe.

I'm interested to see what enemy will appear next and how it goes.

I don't see her remaining captain in fairness

She has to. They can't demote her again, that would be as ridiculous as...well, a 450m long starship having the interior volume of six Borg cubes.

*Spock eyebrow to camera*

I never get tired of the Borg, but then again Burnham is probably immune to assimilation or some such. Hopefully they stick to new adversaries or they’ll just ruin them as they did with the Klingons.

In fairness, Voyager already ruined the Borg. Too late for STD's showrunners to screw them up.

I thought Season 2 was supposed to be undoing Fuller and Season 3 would be the making of it?

Hey ho. Whatever it was meant to be, Season 3 at least needed to show some kind of promise that the writers and showrunners actually knew what they were doing.

As it turns out...not so much.

Soldato
She has to. They can't demote her again, that would be as ridiculous as...well, a 450m long starship having the interior volume of six Borg cubes.

She doesn't have to be demoted she could pass it on, she is too much of a risk taker to be captain imo anyway.

On another note I'd love to see the borg again but haven't they said in the past it isn't possible to bring the borg into this?

I don't even see how Voyager has been referenced as I thought discovery was set away after it

Soldato
She doesn't have to be demoted she could pass it on, she is too much of a risk taker to be captain imo anyway.
On another note I'd love to see the borg again but haven't they said in the past it isn't possible to bring the borg into this?

I don't even see how Voyager has been referenced as I thought discovery was set away after it
this series of Discovery is set 900 years after the last series. Which originally was before TOS.

There is a ship in Starfleet called Voyager. Its registry ends in J. Meaning there have been many Voyager ships.

Soldato
this series of Discovery is set 900 years after the last series. Which originally was before TOS.

There is a ship in Starfleet called Voyager. Its registry ends in J. Meaning there have been many Voyager ships.
Ah that make sense as I couldn't work out how it would be Voyager ship from the series

JRS

JRS

Soldato

Maybe. But since the Discoball got an A appended just for being refit (something, lest we forget, unheard of in Trek until STD...), there might not have been all that many actually wholly new Voyagers ;)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I think the length of the series ruined it. They crammed in too much fluff then left us with a clip show to wrap a couple bits up.

I think the problem with Trek is we've had the best of it, there's not a whole lot of new they could create without rehashing old ideas which long term fans wouldn't like and they obviously want to aim it at new audiences.

Also, turbo lift nonsense, just no.

I have liked it though, so much potential but ultimately it's been wasted on few daft ideas and odd pacing. Saru has been my favourite character. Not sure I are for yet another uniform change and the TOS sounds at the end here. Hopefully it's to hand over to a new showrunner that won't drag too much over a season and we see something new and interesting each episode.

Soldato
My one wish is they make it more songluar episodes with separate stories rather than a season long arc. I hate when w
Shows do that now. A lot of them are guilty for it. Just give us an episode with a story all of its own.

Back
Top Bottom