• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 12 January announcement - 4 topics

Soldato
Nvidia is making 4 product line announcements on 12 January at CES 2021

They include:

* Announcement of the RTX3000 mobile lineup including the flagship RTX3080 Max-Q/P

* Announcement of new RTX3000 desktop cards (can only guess which models will be shown)

* New Game technology including Re-Sizeable bar support for both Desktop and Mobile GPUs. Nvidia will announce and show off it's Resize-Bar performance and discuss the driver, there may be other announcements too.

* Announcement of new RTX and DLSS titles. We know the upcoming game, Outsiders, is one of these and there will be others.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-teases-...nts-for-its-ces-2021-keynote-on-12th-january/

Associate
Nvidia is making 4 product line announcements on 12 January at CES 2021

They include:

* Announcement of the RTX3000 mobile lineup including the flagship RTX3080 Max-Q/P

* Announcement of new RTX3000 desktop cards (can only guess which models will be shown)

* New Game technology including Re-Sizeable bar support for both Desktop and Mobile GPUs. Nvidia will announce and show off it's Resize-Bar performance and discuss the driver, there may be other announcements too.

* Announcement of new RTX and DLSS titles. We know the upcoming game, Outsiders, is one of these and there will be others.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-teases-...nts-for-its-ces-2021-keynote-on-12th-january/
That's nothing, Lisa Su will announce Rage Mode 2.0. Almost as good as the first version. :p

Soldato
New RTX3000 desktop chips? Really??

I will be very surprised.

Well the article says 3060ti at 12GB.

If Nvidia dose release that then that really changes the product line up completely.

It kills the 3070 and all those with outstanding 3080 orders will cancel and just wait for a 3080ti.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would still be surprised at a 3080ti (at least this soon) as there's no performance gap between 3080 and 3090 to fit it into! I suppose there is a 'specs'/memory gap, but it's pointless stuff...currently.

I agree, it's far too soon to be refreshing the line-up. People who originally ordered a 3080 still haven't even received their cards, let alone a refresh already making them obsolete.

Associate
I agree, it's far too soon to be refreshing the line-up. People who originally ordered a 3080 still haven't even received their cards, let alone a refresh already making them obsolete.

Its crazy, this lack of stock has made it feel like these cards still haven't been released yet despite been out for months already. madness.

Caporegime
Again, nvidia shouldn’t be updating or removing Fab and manufacturing capacity from the current 3000 series cards until there’s plenty of availability. There are still thousands waiting round the world for cards that aren’t massively overpriced or have been hoovered up by Scalpers.

Soldato
It about time they just released the 4000 series as so many people had enough of the 3000 series always out of stock failure

Then again i guess they also have no 4000 series cards

Soldato
I'm only paying any interest to see if they mention anything about the stock and scalper situation or if they're going to completely ignore it and do the hype up the stuff you cant buy thing

Associate
I'm only paying any interest to see if they mention anything about the stock and scalper situation or if they're going to completely ignore it and do the hype up the stuff you cant buy thing

This for me.

Laptop stuff is nice if that's of interest to anyone. Everything else is just, availability. Scalped prices means no availability to me.

Soldato
Gamersnexus just did a video on the 970 and how it stacks up against current cards as well as some older ones. Might be worth a watch.

Cool, I'll give that a watch as I think after 5 years I'm due an upgrade! Be interesting to see what kind of performance jump it can provide.

Caporegime
Gamersnexus just did a video on the 970 and how it stacks up against current cards as well as some older ones. Might be worth a watch.

I saw that video. Very interesting to see how things shape up several years later. It still seems to be quite capable at 1080p. :)

Associate
It seems if someone wants rtx 30 series they'll need a laptop as scalpers won't be interested in these...

Me personally I'm on the move quite a bit and I can get 20% discount at a particular retailer because of someone I know so if I can grab a decent specced 3060 laptop 17.3 screen for around £1000 I'll be chuffed!!

Back
Top Bottom