Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Coffee pods

IMG-20210111-081547-01.jpg

Soldato
One of the most hideous things in the thread since @wez130's trainers incoming!

My wife and i usually go away for our anniversary just before Christmas and try and buy a Christmas decoration from wherever we've been. We've got nutcrackers from Berlin, a viking ship from Copenhagen and a Sparkly Queens Guard from London. Our daughter is really particular about decorating the tree and wants things "perfect", as such it's been tempting to get something pretty horrible each year to wind her up.

Obviously we've been unable to get away this year so enter the 2020 edition :D

E62MWza.png

Soldato
Huawei GT2 smartwatch:

dTxMJKkh.jpg

I'm very happy with it so far.

No NFC payment, but cheap, excellent battery life, and has GPS.

I ordered the Gt2e yesterday and hopefully being delivered tomorrow.

Went for the e only because I preferred the more 'sportier' look. Being my first smart watch I can do without the microphone as I don't really make any calls anyway.

Bought direct from Huawei £94.99 delivered and is coming with a free gift which at the time was their little party speaker thingy.

Interested to know how you are getting on with it a few more days in?

Caporegime
I ordered the Gt2e yesterday and hopefully being delivered tomorrow.

Went for the e only because I preferred the more 'sportier' look. Being my first smart watch I can do without the microphone as I don't really make any calls anyway.

Bought direct from Huawei £94.99 delivered and is coming with a free gift which at the time was their little party speaker thingy.

Interested to know how you are getting on with it a few more days in?
Very happy so far. Niggles I've noticed (I'm being picky):

- Sometime jerky swiping between screens
- Randomly goes to various other screens when in shower
- Was under-reading my heart rate after a firmware update (not exceeding 100bpm after skipping rope for 30 mins. of HIIT - I'm 40 :D); seems to have been sorted by a restart
- Dodgy Russian-like accent for the voice announcing you're starting a workout etc.
- GPS slow to locate when indoors - probably not unexpected, though phone is fine (granted it's a Note 8)

There are many more positives, especially the battery life and screen clarity, and I'm still really happy with it.

Caporegime
Yes, that's true, but I decided an extra £200 for a similarly good TicWatch wasn't worth it to avoid having to take my phone out of my pocket.

I think i got my current Huawei free as a gift when i got my phone and was looking to upgrade it with one of the current batch as the tech and screens have improved a lot.

But you get a hell of lot of bang for buck with the Huawei, like you say, but not worth upgrading to lose the payment. Its the best thing about them IMO.

If I upgrade to a Samsung or similar then they are going to cost hundreds so again not worth it for me.

Back
Top Bottom