Football and the Coronavirus

Soldato
https://www.skysports.com/football/...for-footballers-and-testing-money-sent-to-nhs

I can't agree with that at all, since when should footballers be fast tracked in front of anyone else, they are more likely to survive than anyone with their level of fitness and age, companies all over the country are testing employees weekly, it is no different saying those employees should jump the queue. Its not like the NHS are paying for the testing, will all be private anyway. Does not even take into account using up supply of an already limited vaccine stock. I think he is way out of line even suggesting this is appropriate.
Jesus. When will people get this into there head that it doesn't matter if your young, fit and healthy? It can still mess you up pretty bad

Soldato
There's a lot of focus on Celtic over the border at the moment due to them having to isolate 13 players after a positive test after returning from Dubai:-

Celtic v Hibs on as planned despite hosts missing 13 isolating players - BBC Sport

Perhaps they're hoping a null and void season seeing as even if they win all 4 games in hand would still be 10 points behind Rangers.

They're getting a lot of flack from ministers asking if the mid season 'training' camp was really necessary (I always see these camps as more of a jolly as why in the middle of winter would you need warm weather training only to land back on British soil to play games in snow and rain) so wonder if they could find large fines or forfeited games are aimed at them.

Soldato
Just seen the celtic stuff on the news it is rather a joke when the confirmed player with coronavirus is out long term injured and on crutches so what in earth was the excuse for him going to dubai?

Soldato
Jesus. When will people get this into there head that it doesn't matter if your young, fit and healthy? It can still mess you up pretty bad

Right...but considering my nurse wife has only just got the vaccine despite being vunerable and front line the superstars can wait. She had basically beg for it, its that limited atm.

On another note moving Fulhams fixture is just unfair. Its no longer a level playing field if this kind of thing is happening.

Soldato
Right...but considering my nurse wife has only just got the vaccine despite being vunerable and front line the superstars can wait. She had basically beg for it, its that limited atm.

On another note moving Fulhams fixture is just unfair. Its no longer a level playing field if this kind of thing is happening.
Of course the vunerable still are more important to vaccinate, my point is I hate when people think that everyone else is immune to it just because your fit and healthy...

fez

fez

Caporegime
Of course the vunerable still are more important to vaccinate, my point is I hate when people think that everyone else is immune to it just because your fit and healthy...

Theres a lot of things people think about COVID that boggle the mind. My current favourite is that because you don't see any vulnerable people then its just you and your mates that are taking the risk and you all accept that risk. There is an article on the BBC at the moment from someone who works in a supermarket and she said that she reckons 30% of people in there don't wear masks (I think it was 30% not wearing masks rather than 30% that do). Far too many people in this country are a disgrace. Can't even do the simplest of things to protect others.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That's quite shocking if it actually is 30%, whenever i've been to the Supermarkets or shops, it's been very rare that i spot someone without a mask.

Same here. In the local small co-op I reckon its 90-95% of people with mask. If I go to a little corner shop though that doesn't seem to care its probably 20-30%. I think it varies wildly.

Caporegime
Why is Parker moaning that they’ve only been given 48 hours notice to play Spurs?

Spurs were told two hours before kick off that the scheduled game was off. Works both ways.

I’m probably in the minority, but in such a complicated time, if football is to continue, clubs need to accept that scheduling is going to be a bit crazy.

Soldato
it's a mix out this way. Most normal people are behaving themselves, it's the delinquent demographic who are being idiots (as you would expect based on stereotypes)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Why is Parker moaning that they’ve only been given 48 hours notice to play Spurs?

Spurs were told two hours before kick off that the scheduled game was off. Works both ways.

You can't see how having a game added with 48 hours notice is far worse than having a game cancelled with a few hours notice?

Which would you rather have happen to your clubs because I know I would much rather have a game cancelled at the last minute to having a game added with only 2 days notice.

Soldato
You can't see how having a game added with 48 hours notice is far worse than having a game cancelled with a few hours notice?

Which would you rather have happen to your clubs because I know I would much rather have a game cancelled at the last minute to having a game added with only 2 days notice.
Parker probably had plans that day to meet up with some mates in some underground nightclub

Associate

At the very moment the Villa game was cancelled (even when Villa couldn't play any 1st teamers against Liverpool) pretty much everyone was aware that this was a strong possibility this game would be rearranged to now, it's just simple scenario planning.

Soldato
At the very moment the Villa game was cancelled (even when Villa couldn't play any 1st teamers against Liverpool) pretty much everyone was aware that this was a strong possibility this game would be rearranged to now, it's just simple scenario planning.

That was the FA cup...they couldnt reshcedule it. Thr team in question actually had a game on that day. To change it to Fulham at such short notice is a disgrace frankly and i dont blame Parker for calling it out. These games are planned weeks in advance, its simply unfair to do this.

Imagine this was Liverpool for eg. Do you think they play that team on friday night if they knew they had a game on Wed? Not a chance.

Associate
In extreme circumstances, yes I do
That was the FA cup...they couldnt reshcedule it. Thr team in question actually had a game on that day. To change it to Fulham at such short notice is a disgrace frankly and i dont blame Parker for calling it out. These games are planned weeks in advance, its simply unfair to do this.

Imagine this was Liverpool for eg. Do you think they play that team on friday night if they knew they had a game on Wed? Not a chance.

So what's the alternative? you have to fit the games into the time constraints, either play them given the circumstances or give a bye to the opposition? "simply unfair" would be spurs having to play a potential 4 game week at this rate

Don
Scott Parker can complain all he likes, that doesn't change the realities of the situation we're in. The calendar is ****ed this season because neither the PL, FA, EFL, FIFA or UEFA wanted to give an inch. We've got the same number of games, which was already too many for sides in Europe, but we're trying to fit it into an even shorter period than before.

It's an inconvenience for Fulham but no greater than the inconveniences Spurs have had to face this season, having to play 4 games in 8 days on more than one ocassion and likely to have to do so again before the season is out. What's fairer, rearranging this game for 2 or 3 weeks time, forcing Spurs to play 4 games in 8 days or asking Fulham to play twice in a week? I think the answer is obvious and that's before you consider the fact that this game was rearranged due to a covid outbreak at Fulham, not Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom