• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Soldato
My Vega 64 LC is up on a popular auction site at the moment.
would be happy if I got over £350 for it.

We`ll see.

I though about listing my Vega, just concerned that when the hype bubble pops and people reflect on the insane pricing they paid, there will be lots of buyers making claims.

Caporegime
I though about listing my Vega, just concerned that when the hype bubble pops and people reflect on the insane pricing they paid, there will be lots of buyers making claims.

Meh, cross that bridge if\when it comes to it. They can hardly make a claim for feeling they paid too much, not as if people had a gun to their plums. Could say faulty or something i suppose.

Associate
Got a Sapphire 7950, bought for my Dad, for his birthday a few years ago.
He upgraded this year to a 580 8GB.
Thinking about putting that up for sale in the current climate.

Balls to the wall

Associate
no one gets anything out of it except those already invested, it's just a pyramid scheme. it doesn't create anything and burns energy by the gigawatt just to solve arbritrary hashes that only exist to take more and more GPU power to solve.

imagine what the field of medicine could've done with that kind of power.
The massive hash power invested in crypto creates security for the users (making it nearly impossible for an evil actor to manipulate a blockchain).

Associate
The massive hash power invested in crypto creates security for the users (making it nearly impossible for an evil actor to manipulate a blockchain).

Not wishing to open a can of worms on this but blockchain has great potential but its also the wild west at the moment. Also, the larger a chain the more electric the chain needs per transaction. But if you make money from it good luck to you!

I'm having a fire sale on anything that isn't bolted down in my house! Game of Thrones boxset, boom gone :)

Soldato
Exactly.

If I can snag a 3080 fe when they come back in stock, I'll be sticking my vega 56 up on the mm here and elsewhere and I will be asking the market rate now, defo won't be letting it go for any less, especially when it's matching a nvidia 1080 these days.

I tried that a few times, and seen others get sold for more, whilst mine has no takers, I wonder what I am doing wrong lol. But like you said I wont be charitable on my price, the market is what it is.

Soldato
Interesting thing is that if you listen to the financial experts they are saying that investing in cards is a bad plan because while the currencies justify it right now, they are expecting the bubble to at least deflate shortly. That may mean that paying scalped prices for a card is not such a good idea because you won't even get to break even before the $/day collapses. course the experts have been wrong before now. No one really knows what will happen.

Does the mining algorithm still implement regular difficulty jumps to massively nerf profit levels?

I remember when mining eth, after a month or two this happened, it almost halved income, but luckily the currency then skyrocketed in value which countered it, however this only lasted a short while, by the time it went down again by daily profits were rubbish and I sold the gpu's.

Curious when the mining market entered a boom period again.

Back
Top Bottom