• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Is it possible to make a pre-order of card? anywhere via overclockers? im on it 50 times a day refreshing and i understand the demand is huge at least if ive got a backorder/preorder chances it will get for-filled eventually while i continue the hunt also.

Soldato
Random question, do you think a 3060ti is good enough for 27" 1440p and 144hz? Or would a 3070 be a better choice? All theoretical obviously because getting a hold of either is impossible :D

Soldato
Just wondering if any one here is running one of these but on a 600W PSU, I use a 600W XFX currently with a 1070.

If these ever come back in stock seems like a 3060Ti is best option to upgrade a 1070 without going too expensive

Associate
Random question, do you think a 3060ti is good enough for 27" 1440p and 144hz? Or would a 3070 be a better choice? All theoretical obviously because getting a hold of either is impossible :D
There is not a lot of difference between the cards . Both will do 1440 fine but both will struggle to reach 144 fps on most modern titles !

Associate
Is it possible to make a pre-order of card? anywhere via overclockers? im on it 50 times a day refreshing and i understand the demand is huge at least if ive got a backorder/preorder chances it will get for-filled eventually while i continue the hunt also.

There are people who ordered 3080 cards on release day(17 September) still waiting.
It would be most unfair for any company to take pre-orders on GPU's right now.
It's better to have the money in your bank account than theirs.

Soldato
At 'ultra' settings on most recent games, 3060Ti often won't hit 144 at 1440p, but tweak the settings a bit and it quite possible.

On older titles it's great. I run a 3060Ti on 1440p UW and get solid 144fps on Doom 2016 highest settings for example.

Associate
There are people who ordered 3080 cards on release day(17 September) still waiting.
It would be most unfair for any company to take pre-orders on GPU's right now.
It's better to have the money in your bank account than theirs.

Thats just crazy , Ive never known anything like this before in my time. Literally chose the worse time to upgrade.

Soldato

Waste of time, the people getting getting cards are the ones signed up stock alerts etc and acting on them, not the people in queues, whose money has already been taken hostage by retailers.

Caporegime
A 3080 would be a better choice. Even then sometimes you'll struggle to get >100hz, depending on game and settings used.

If you're happy to dial everything back in the settings then any card will do :p Just turn everything off :p

Associate
Are Zotac cards any good?

I've been checking how long their warranty is and it says that they offer 5 year warranty on the new 3000 series cards. It's normally 3 years but they add an extra 2 years for free if you register the card on their website within 28 days.

Soldato
Are Zotac cards any good?

I've been checking how long their warranty is and it says that they offer 5 year warranty on the new 3000 series cards. It's normally 3 years but they add an extra 2 years for free if you register the card on their website within 28 days.

The 2 fan cards are low end.

The base version doesn't have fan stop and the fans can be a little noisy if you don't have good case ventilation as it runs at the 200W power limit constantly.
The OC version has the same cooler but does have fan stop.

Cards actually better with an undervolt as they boost better and run quieter with lower power.

I have the non OC version... and it's ok.

Associate
The 2 fan cards are low end.

The base version doesn't have fan stop and the fans can be a little noisy if you don't have good case ventilation as it runs at the 200W power limit constantly.
The OC version has the same cooler but does have fan stop.

Cards actually better with an undervolt as they boost better and run quieter with lower power.

I have the non OC version... and it's ok.
Thanks for the info. I would want the fan stop version as all my previous cards have had that feature. And Can't go wrong with a 5 year warranty.

Associate
Any more card drops on any GPU won't be until tail end of next week earliest, maybe week after I am afraid.
Will you have a 1 card per customer policy? I've noticed some retailers are doing this

EDIT:

Just got an alert for a 3060 ti FE from a competitor, quickly jumped on it and the order went through. Hope it goes through and arrives tomorrow.

Last edited:
Will you have a 1 card per customer policy? I've noticed some retailers are doing this.

Yes we have been getting around it at work by ordering cards for ourselves to our home addresses... I had another one turn up at home today.
But that's the only way we can get hold of a enough cards at the moment, it's an totally crazy situation.

20210109_122247.jpg

Soldato
Just wondering if any one here is running one of these but on a 600W PSU, I use a 600W XFX currently with a 1070.

If these ever come back in stock seems like a 3060Ti is best option to upgrade a 1070 without going too expensive
my 3060TI / 7700k setup is running fine on a 600w PSU

Associate
I spent a bit of time messing with both Thundermaster and Afterburner today and came across a strange...thing. After having been pretty happy with my Palit 3060ti Dual on the bench I was disappointed by how loud the fans are in my gaming build. I realised than on the bench I had used Afterburner but in the gaming rig I used Thundermaster so I could control those sweet sweet RGBs.
Tl;dr
For some reason the fans are obnoxiously loud with Thundermaster and not with Afterburner. The sound profile is totally different.

On a side note I've had good results from under volting my card. It'll sit pretty solid at 1950Mhz at 906mv with 105% power limit in Heaven with maxed settings. This has it float around low 70s temp wise (custom fan curve but not loud). Stock it would bounce around from 1700 something to1800 something.

Associate

Finally got one... £380 from a UK store :D

Odd connector, it's 12-pin but comes with an adaptor that you plug 8-pin into.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom