• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD on the road to recovery.

Associate
Associate
People in some cases are preferring to buy a Zen 2 chip as a placeholder for a Zen 3 rather than buy Intel.
That's how bad it is and not many are waiting for Rocket Lake I suspect.

Soldato
AMD needs to do a global media blitz with 3 blokes dress in red covered head to toe and do weird things!!!

then big zen logo at the back with some Zen master doing Ying Yang stuff as well. That will fun to watch. I am sure people will forget intel and buy amd for laptops then.

Permabanned
It's another excellent month for AMD at Mindfactory despite the 5900X and 5950X shortages.
8EMeiCZ.png

Great :)

There is another article for this:

"AMD continues to be the brand of choice in the German market as its Ryzen 5000 CPUs based on the Zen 3 architecture and Ryzen 3000 CPUs based on the Zen 2 architecture sold over 35,000 units. This is 83% of the total share for the number of CPUs sold in December while Intel which barely sold over 5000 of its 10th Gen and 9th Gen Core CPUs managed to grab a 17% share.

AMD continues its dominating spree in the german DIY & retail segment with its Ryzen 5000 'Zen 3' & Ryzen 3000 'Zen 2' Desktop CPUs as the latest numbers from MindFactory have revealed. The latest numbers from the month of December, as compiled by Redditor, Ingebor, show that AMD CPUs sold a record high at the German retailer, selling almost 40,000 CPUs compared to Intel's desktop offerings.

The revenue split was also similar at 86% and 14% between AMD and Intel due to AMD's increased sales. The month also reported the best revenue figures coming from AMD CPUs which accounts for a total of 12 Million Euros while Intel CPUs managed just slightly below 2 Million Euros.

Intel on the other hand still has a ton of older SKUs being picked up by users and neither the Core i9-10900K nor the Core i7-10700K is a challenge for the Ryzen 9 5950X or Ryzen 9 5900X in terms of overall volumes sold. The Core i7-10700K was only able to ship 1050 units while the Core i9-10850K managed to sell 550 units which is much less than half the amount that the Ryzen 9 5950X sold (1320 units). AMD keeps on scoring win after win and one could only imagine how much worse of a situation it would've been for Intel if there was no supply shortage affecting the top-end parts."

AMD's Ryzen 5000 'Zen 3' & Ryzen 3000 'Zen 2' Desktop CPUs Demolish All Sales Records at Germany's Largest Retailer (wccftech.com)

Permabanned
AMD needs to do a global media blitz with 3 blokes dress in red covered head to toe and do weird things!!!

then big zen logo at the back with some Zen master doing Ying Yang stuff as well. That will fun to watch. I am sure people will forget intel and buy amd for laptops then.

AMD's Renoir is also great - I don't see why the market share doesn't appreciate this fact :eek: :confused:

Permabanned
It's incredible that so many 5950X are being sold. Many are gamers, but hey people are probably spending more money on computing as a proportion of their income these days.

Yes, since people have more time sitting at home, their enthusiasm about PC parts returns :)
And why not, people spend thousands on the latest smartphones, why not on PC components, too?

Permabanned
They peaked at $99.14....... the just can't crack that $100 :D

"That" $100 is a serious psychological barrier, so that the investors are not convinced (just yet) by AMD's performance in order to rise the share price beyond that value.

The response to what happens today is not favourable for AMD:

Permabanned
Quoted for the truth.

I see people recommending intel now, just because that's all that's actually left in stock anywhere.

That isn't wise - to wait for the better times is more acceptable, don't you think?
Intel's CPUs are old technology and not reliable - high upfront cost, high to-run cost, security threats, hot and power hungry, shady illegal business, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, AMD's stock keeps losing value :eek:
What is happening in AMD? :confused:

Caporegime
OP
Bob Swan to step down as Intel CEO.

That isn't wise - to wait for the better times is more acceptable, don't you think?
Intel's CPUs are old technology and not reliable - high upfront cost, high to-run cost, security threats, hot and power hungry, shady illegal business, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, AMD's stock keeps losing value :eek:
What is happening in AMD? :confused:

One reason is that Bob Swan news, he had a chat with Intel's investors and the result is his departure as CEO, they think Intel will do better with someone else in charge.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, since November AMD have gained 25% share price and lost 5% again, Q4 2020 Financials are out in a short while, they will show they have done very well.

Back
Top Bottom