*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
[..] You can install a mod to make the vehicles feel less like you're constantly losing control if not on a flat open road driving straight.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/210

I've looked at mods, but it's very early days for modding yet. I'm hoping for frequent patches and that tends to break mods. Also, with the game the way it is who knows what tiny change might make it unstable?

If I start to want to use vehicles, I'll install that mod. I'll probably edit the config file to reduce crafting and scrapping time at some point, probably soon. If I unintentionally scrap or sell something due to the (one of many) incompetent game design decisions making it easy to do so and impossible for a player to mark items as protected from scrapping or selling, I'll install the console mod and use it to spawn in that item.

I want an autoloot mod. I'm tired of trying to find the right angle and pixel to pick an item up, which is sometimes necessary. Sometimes I just can't find it and give up, leaving the untouchable item where it is. But even for the stuff that's working as intended in that respect, I still want an autoloot option. I am going to pick it up, so I don't want to have to do it all manually. Scav everything, sort through it later in a safe place or do an emergency quick manual sort and drop if I become overburdened. That's what I do. That's what makes the most sense to me, in games in general and in Cyberpunk 2077 specifically. Grab everything from a hostile area, get out, sort through it when you reach a safe area. Also, there's so much loot that autolooting makes a lot of sense. With user-definable rules, at least something as simple "autoloot all items of at least this level of rarity". The sort of thing that has been standard in loot-heavy games for decades. I'd want it as a toggleable option. There are places where, for roleplay reasons, I don't want to pick up everything that isn't nailed down even if it isn't marked as theft (which doesn't seem to be a thing in Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm talking about games in a more general sense as well).

Soldato
Wow, just watched Alita: Battle Angel again and it's basically Cyberpunk 2077 in movie form - there's an Adam Smasher clone, ripper docs, Berserker cyberware etc :D

Man of Honour
I have two more questions, one about the game itself and one specific to the GOG version:

1) Ever since I installed Cyberpunk 2077, GOG Galaxy fails to sync saved games with the cloud. It spends a lot of time with the sync bar slowly filling and then returns an error message saying that sync has been delayed due to heavy load. This also affects other games. Is there a fix I can do? I've tried some of the suggested ones - exiting Galaxy, killing the Galaxy communication process, reloading Galaxy. Didn't work. Verifying game files, which resulted in 129MB of something being downloaded. Didn't work. The only other suggestion I've seen is uninstalling and reinstalling Cyberpunk 2077, which would take me about 13 hours of downloading again. I might do it if I thought it would work, but I don't.

2) While looking at FAQS for Cyberpunk 2077 on Gog hoping to find an answer to the above question, I found this statement: "Stats and quality of the crafted items are determined by your Engineering Skill level." Is that true? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Soldato
1) Ever since I installed Cyberpunk 2077, GOG Galaxy fails to sync saved games with the cloud. It spends a lot of time with the sync bar slowly filling and then returns an error message saying that sync has been delayed due to heavy load.

2) While looking at FAQS for Cyberpunk 2077 on Gog hoping to find an answer to the above question, I found this statement: "Stats and quality of the crafted items are determined by your Engineering Skill level." Is that true? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

1. Even Steam with it's massive infrastructure also struggles to sync when you close the game for an unknown reason. It can take me a few minutes to sync after I close the game and I'm on 350mbps tinterweb so it's not speed/file size related although it's never "failed" for me yet, it just takes ages. So if Steam is struggling I can imagine GoG's own servers must be taking a hammering too.

2. It's semi-correct-ish - It's not the "Engineering" skill level but rather a combination of the "Crafting" skill level (the white bar in the bottom left on the Character screen) and some of the Crafting Perks. So for example you get free access to the "Iconic/Legendary" crafting plans just by getting to Level 20 Crafting Skill but you can't actually Craft these items until you also get the Legendary Crafting Perk called "Edgerunner Artisan", which is a Level 20 Crafting Perk.

It's all a little unnecessarily confusing TBH.

Soldato
anyone having troubles with driving. You can leave a controller plugged in and swap to it to make it feel better, or just buy this, it handles really easily.

https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Type-66+Javelina

It's pretty funny with people having issues with all the junk lying around. It's the same with other games like Fallout, just stop picking up all the useless stuff. Do you pick up half filled lucozade bottles near dustbins in real life?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
1. Even Steam with it's massive infrastructure also struggles to sync when you close the game for an unknown reason. It can take me a few minutes to sync after I close the game and I'm on 350mbps tinterweb so it's not speed/file size related although it's never "failed" for me yet, it just takes ages. So if Steam is struggling I can imagine GoG's own servers must be taking a hammering too.

It would be interesting to find out why servers struggle so badly with players uploading savegame files for this one game. As you say, it's not related to connection speed or file size.

2. It's semi-correct-ish - It's not the "Engineering" skill level but rather a combination of the "Crafting" skill level (the white bar in the bottom left on the Character screen) and some of the Crafting Perks. So for example you get free access to the "Iconic/Legendary" crafting plans just by getting to Level 20 Crafting Skill but you can't actually Craft these items until you also get the Legendary Crafting Perk called "Edgerunner Artisan", which is a Level 20 Crafting Perk.

It's all a little unnecessarily confusing TBH.

It's completely wrong, then. Engineering and crafting are completely different skills. It's like saying that your ability to force open doors depends on your cool stat.

As a minor aside, "Edgerunner Artisan" is a L18 crafting perk.

Soldato
Wow, just watched Alita: Battle Angel again and it's basically Cyberpunk 2077 in movie form - there's an Adam Smasher clone, ripper docs, Berserker cyberware etc :D
Loved that movie so much! It actually made me feel like I did when I was a kid and wanted to watch it over and over again. I too am keeping everything crossed for a sequel.

Associate
anyone having troubles with driving. You can leave a controller plugged in and swap to it to make it feel better, or just buy this, it handles really easily.

It's pretty funny with people having issues with all the junk lying around. It's the same with other games like Fallout, just stop picking up all the useless stuff. Do you pick up half filled lucozade bottles near dustbins in real life?

Im using a controller for driving about, world of difference! Prefer the handling to GTA cars once I switched to pad as you can at least keep the power on mid corner...

I just junk everything I get for parts, so pickup everything I can see lol

Underboss
Just completed it after 60h.

Slightly annoyed as the final mission and my character was totally naked even though the inventory showed they were wearing clothes so that sucked.

As did the ending tbh, still only paid £20 so got my monies worth.

Soldato
Funniest bug I got was near the end on Nomad mission. I was standing on a podium infront of a crowd with the whole clan watching me, I was actually getting swept up by the emotion of the story and was like "yea... this is nice" I then climbed down from the podium, feeling all proud, and immediately went into my inventory to see what I looked like only to find myself completely naked except for a small jacket. Junk hanging out, flapping in the wind. Nearly spat all over my monitor.

Soldato
I noticed in scenes where you're busy wrestling with no clothes it has a horrible tendency to literally remove your clothes and send you out with them still off.

Man of Honour

I found driving in Cyberpunk 2077 improved considerably when I found out that the camera view does auto-centre if you don't move the mouse for a few seconds. I'd been controlling steering with one hand and camera view with the other. I felt a bit silly about not realising that before :) It's still crap, but it's mostly usable crap. It's the only game in which I drive with 3rd person view. Because it's too crap to make 1st person view viable for driving. I avoid 3rd person games because I find them annoying, but on very rare occasions 3rd person is necessary.

Obviously not...but if I could easily carry lots of them and easily and quickly sell them or use them to make useful and valuable things, I would. In games like these, you can. So it's quite unlike reality.

I've just finished the annoying pretend-interactive minifilm that ends the heist mission and moves from act 1 to act 2. That got on my nerves because it removed my control in the game. Cutscene for story, fine. That, not so fine. Anyway, it ends with a fairly long scene of furious, hate-filled Johnny attacking me and vowing to kill me and take over my body...and immediately afterwards I'm chatting companionably with him in a scripted interaction, asking him what he thinks about something that has just happened. Not a microgram of explanation for the change.

Man of Honour
There are several vehicles which are pretty much undriveable in first person in the game due to the camera being positioned too low and layout of the vehicle geometry blocking your view.

Have mixed feelings about the driving model in the game, on the one hand it is **** and not that fun to play with in many cases on the other hand it doesn't really stop me playing the game or spoil my enjoyment too much.

Man of Honour
There are several vehicles which are pretty much undriveable in first person in the game due to the camera being positioned too low and layout of the vehicle geometry blocking your view.

Have mixed feelings about the driving model in the game, on the one hand it is **** and not that fun to play with in many cases on the other hand it doesn't really stop me playing the game or spoil my enjoyment too much.

There is that. It's not a driving game. Vehicles are just tools for getting from one place to another. Mine usually end up being abandoned in the middle of the road when I jump out to intervene in a crime and then wander off exploring a bit. I played for ~20 hours before even starting the heist mission. Best find was a legendary Overture revolver in a case down an alleyway somewhere.

I'll probably stick with the starting junkmobile for the whole game. I'm used to it now. Although if I find a new car of the same model I'll probably buy it. I was running everywhere in the hope that it would do something to train my athletics skill. It didn't. I also tried repeatedly swimming underwater until I started drowning. Nothing. The athletics skill is wildly unbalanced or just plain bugged. Mine is still low down on level 1.

Man of Honour
On the subject of cars, at the start of act 2 I was spammed with numerous offers to buy vehicles. I don't want to buy any of them. Is there any way to remove that spam from the map? The vehicles sales are labelled as missions on the map, which is silly and annoying. I only want to see missions labelled as missions on the map.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The vehicles sales are labelled as missions on the map, which is silly and annoying.

I agree, at the very least they should have been blue icons, not yellow ones. I think they may have done that to get more gameplay hours out of completists.

Is there any way to remove that spam from the map?
Yes, buy them. That is what I did :p

Only labelled mission I have now is the final one which I cannot get rid of due to the way they designed the game.

Soldato
nah, they really need to improve the quest markers etc as a QOL patch. Just stuff you have to work around and not let upset you

2nd char is up to lvl 18 and the beginning of Act 2. But think I'm going to park the game until more patches/DLC comes out

Back
Top Bottom