** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Soldato
Second stage recovery was abandoned a while back I think, although Wiki says they might reattempt at some point? The Dragon "trunk" section is jettisoned and burns up.

First stage/boosters, and fairings all recovered though for reuse.

Associate
Mr Musk plans to deliver broadband internet around the world, using 42,000 satellites.
His Space X company has launched more than 800 into orbit already and hopes to have 12,000 in the sky by 2026.

Quoted from the BBC Tech webpage, I'm sure the service will be great but really, another 42,000 satellites! We kept getting told of all the junk already floating around up there, is this really worth it?

Soldato
Mr Musk plans to deliver broadband internet around the world, using 42,000 satellites.
His Space X company has launched more than 800 into orbit already and hopes to have 12,000 in the sky by 2026.

Quoted from the BBC Tech webpage, I'm sure the service will be great but really, another 42,000 satellites! We kept getting told of all the junk already floating around up there, is this really worth it?

Yeah seems crazy, I thought there were plans to develop satellites that would destroy space junk?

Must be a right squeeze up there.

Soldato
Yup there is a lot of stuff orbiting the planet:

https://celestrak.com/cesium/orbit-...g.txt&satcat=/pub/satcat.txt&referenceFrame=1

the aim is to supply decent internet to areas that are not currently serviced or have very poor infrastructure, up to you whether you think thats worth it or not :)

Back
Top Bottom