Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Christmas prezzies to me :) An upgrade 500W spindle with ER16 collet chuck (and collets) for my mini CNC machine, and a 20W Neje laser cutter/engraver which I fit onto the bed of my Artillery X1 printer. Haven't installed the spindle yet, what I thought would be an easy job turns out to be more tricky than I'd reckoned on..

Finished upgrading the new spindle on my little 3020 CNC router, and it was indeed tricky. Rather than machine a new mounting block entirely, or try to fit the supplied clamp block (which would have involved at least as much work) I managed to adapt the existing one-sided clamp. It needed boring out - moving the center point out away from the stepper motor (it needed more clearance) then slicing it in half and making it into a clamshell type clamp. That was because the ends of the new spindle were 2mm wider than the middle and it wouldn't just slide into a correctly sized bore hole. Like I said, a PITA :)

Soldato
Been wanting a cordless vacuum for a few years now. Finally bit the bullet. Seriously impressed with the power for something battery powered.

Enjoy it! We love ours to the point I feel like I'm finding an excuse to do the stairs every other day. They're not cheap but if ours blew up today we'd buy a new one tomorrow.

The V11 was our first Dyson purchase and I'm so impressed with the quality I'm trying to snag a TP04 before the warm weather starts

Soldato
It’s always the cool thing to say how ace a Henry is and how it’ll change your life. This could be true if you worked on a busy site, or was a cleaner in a factory with offices. At home though, it’s crap and annoying and gets caught on every corner.

Last edited:
Soldato
My 10 year old Mondeo 2.0 TDCI

Iits supposed to up power 140hp > 188BHP and 320Nm > 429Nm in full 'boost' mode although I doubt I'll run it that high. Great thing (I hope) is I'll be able to change the settings from an app on my mobile. its also supposed to reduce fuel consumption by 10-20% although I think most of that is down to needing less pedal to metal but I'll see in due course.
These old TDCi lumps responded so well to tuning. My 1.4 TDCi went from 69hp to 100hp - was a night and day difference. That was a specific map by RS Tuning, mind.

Soldato
I ordered the Gt2e yesterday and hopefully being delivered tomorrow.

Went for the e only because I preferred the more 'sportier' look. Being my first smart watch I can do without the microphone as I don't really make any calls anyway.

Bought direct from Huawei £94.99 delivered and is coming with a free gift which at the time was their little party speaker thingy.

Interested to know how you are getting on with it a few more days in?

I bought the original GT watch a while back but returned it as you can't export activities to other platforms (e.g Strava) which was important to me. I know its an old model but I imagine the same limitation applies. The screen was superb though.

I eventually went for the Garmin venu instead. Garmin watches are generally better for fitness tracking (if that's what you're into), but the screens on their entire range are rubbish apart from the venu.

It does have NFC but that doesn't interest me.

Caporegime
Needed to do that did you?

I've had the Mondeo from new (its a Ti if that helps :p) it still works perfectly well, 124k miles (original clutch) so give me one reason to splash £20K+ (which I have) on a new car?

[edit]
Just to add, I'm at the age where the car is mostly to get from A to B and less about speed & have a Fireblade should I feel the need to outrun virtually any car you may have.
Just seeing the humour in a situation where randomshenans thought it was for a Ferrari or something.

I would never judge someone's car choice as I myself wish I spent less on them in favour of other things.

Back
Top Bottom