*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
With the new WIFI6E devices when they eventually come, will they have the ability to setup triple SSIDs? i.e.

My_2.4ghz_NetworkName
My_5ghz_NetworkName
My_6ghz_NetworkName

With regard to combined SSID vs setting up two separate 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDs, what is the preferred option people have found with these? I've only ever ran combined once and that was lately on my Virgin superhub as I left it mainly as vanilla settings since I knew it was only temporary. I've had such poor performance from it and general network issues that I ended up turning off the 5ghz entirely which brought some stability back, but I'm convinced a lot of the issues were combining the 2.4/5ghz into one. As an example, setting up some smart devices like home plugs is impossible without completely deactivating the 5ghz network temporarily when combined, I found.

Soldato
I run one SSID for both wave bands and force the clients on with the high performance client option and min RSSI to kick them into the stronger signal.

You can have 4 SSIDs per network so if you wanted your Apple handhelds all on one 5GHz network you could set that up as AppleOnly and then switch off 2.4GHz and only put that SSID into your Apple handhelds. It doesn’t have to be hard work though.

As regards to WiFi6E I don’t think anyone knows for sure but I would imagine that’s how it will work.

Associate
Email received from Ubiquiti tonight is a genuine email, better get your passwords changed asap

Dear Customer,

We recently became aware of unauthorized access to certain of our information technology systems hosted by a third party cloud provider. We have no indication that there has been unauthorized activity with respect to any user’s account.

We are not currently aware of evidence of access to any databases that host user data, but we cannot be certain that user data has not been exposed. This data may include your name, email address, and the one-way encrypted password to your account (in technical terms, the passwords are hashed and salted). The data may also include your address and phone number if you have provided that to us.

As a precaution, we encourage you to change your password. We recommend that you also change your password on any website where you use the same user ID or password. Finally, we recommend that you enable two-factor authentication on your Ubiquiti accounts if you have not already done so. Change PasswordEnable Two-Factor Authentication We apologize for, and deeply regret, any inconvenience this may cause you. We take the security of your information very seriously and appreciate your continued trust.

Thank you,

Ubiquiti Team"

Soldato
Anyone else just had an email from Ubiquiti about a potential data breach?

EDIT: too slow, was trying to upload an image.

I will say that putting links behind images in an email about a data breach to change passwords is not great practice.

I never click any links in emails that will involve a password, doing so is just asking to get phished.

Associate
I've noticed from my networks event's log, at 3:02am each day, all devices disconnect from my network and re-connect. The event log shows my AP switching channels at this time.

It causes an issue with an echo dot that we have in my daughter's room to play white noise through the night.

Is there anyway to change this time?

Soldato
I've noticed from my networks event's log, at 3:02am each day, all devices disconnect from my network and re-connect. The event log shows my AP switching channels at this time.

It causes an issue with an echo dot that we have in my daughter's room to play white noise through the night.

Is there anyway to change this time?

Shut off auto-optimise and lock down your channels on both wavebands. There is no requirement to change channels.

Caporegime
I run one SSID for both wave bands and force the clients on with the high performance client option and min RSSI to kick them into the stronger signal.

You can have 4 SSIDs per network so if you wanted your Apple handhelds all on one 5GHz network you could set that up as AppleOnly and then switch off 2.4GHz and only put that SSID into your Apple handhelds. It doesn’t have to be hard work though.

As regards to WiFi6E I don’t think anyone knows for sure but I would imagine that’s how it will work.
Handy tip, thanks. On a separate note, not had the data breach email.

Associate
Be careful setting up 2FA. I just enabled it, opened Google Authenticator and my ubiquiti profile is not listed. I didn't have a chance to create a backup code so I'm now locked out of my account. I've just emailed support.

Soldato
Did you miss a step?

I think you normally have to scan a QR code to add something to Google Authenticator?

Perhaps you already had one attached from an old install?

Associate
Did you miss a step?

I think you normally have to scan a QR code to add something to Google Authenticator?

Perhaps you already had one attached from an old install?

Yep did that. It opened up Google Authenticator, it generated a code and it was enabled. Logged out, attempted to log back in, opened up Google Auth and the profile wasn't listed. I should have made a backup code.

Back
Top Bottom