Wireless everything

Soldato
So I’ve pledged to make my pc setup wire free as possible, starting with keyboard and mouse.

What’s the go to wireless keyboard and mice these days?

I’m currently looking at Logitech’s offerings in the form of the G915 keyboard, the G Pro wireless mouse and the power play charge mouse mat, which look to fit the bill, but other suggestions are much welcomed

cheers.

Associate
I went down the same journey as you - what I learned:

- Bluetooth KB's are unreliable for gaming (I have a Keychron, love it wired but didnt wireless)
- Power play, while awesome, still needs a wire for charging the pad
- You get what you pay for with keyboards

I needed something for gaming and then connecting to my work laptop - I settled on a G915 TKL and G603. They are brilliant. I had a G703 but it does not have dual connectivity.

A note on the G915 - it's connectivity in terms of wireless is brilliant and I love typing on it - but it aint as good as a wired mechanical with nice switches. Wireless is way more important to me however.

I would recommend the G915 and a G703; or if you need dual connectivity - the G603. Much cheaper than the G Pro.

Soldato
OP
I went down the same journey as you - what I learned:

- Bluetooth KB's are unreliable for gaming (I have a Keychron, love it wired but didnt wireless)
- Power play, while awesome, still needs a wire for charging the pad
- You get what you pay for with keyboards

I needed something for gaming and then connecting to my work laptop - I settled on a G915 TKL and G603. They are brilliant. I had a G703 but it does not have dual connectivity.

A note on the G915 - it's connectivity in terms of wireless is brilliant and I love typing on it - but it aint as good as a wired mechanical with nice switches. Wireless is way more important to me however.

I would recommend the G915 and a G703; or if you need dual connectivity - the G603. Much cheaper than the G Pro.

Cheers for the response, Though more expensive, is the G pro better than the alternatives from Logitech? It does look like I can get the G pro for only £10-£15 more than the alternatives as it's on offer at the mo.

I do wish covid wasn't a thing so I could pop into a local high street retailer to test the G915, but I do imagine it would feel a lot better than my reliable Microsoft Reclusa membrane keyboard that i've been using the past 10 years, but the positive comments is reassuring.

I like the idea with the Powerplay mat where I wouldn't have to faff around with a wire every 2-3 days to charge the mouse and then stow it away, it's my main gripe with my Corsair Virtuoso's, and i like that the wireless receiver is also built into the mat.

Associate
Cheers for the response, Though more expensive, is the G pro better than the alternatives from Logitech? It does look like I can get the G pro for only £10-£15 more than the alternatives as it's on offer at the mo.

I do wish covid wasn't a thing so I could pop into a local high street retailer to test the G915, but I do imagine it would feel a lot better than my reliable Microsoft Reclusa membrane keyboard that i've been using the past 10 years, but the positive comments is reassuring.

I like the idea with the Powerplay mat where I wouldn't have to faff around with a wire every 2-3 days to charge the mouse and then stow it away, it's my main gripe with my Corsair Virtuoso's, and i like that the wireless receiver is also built into the mat.

Fair enough regarding the G-Pro and powerplay!

For the G915, just be clear on what switch you want. You have clicky, tacticle (which I own) and linear. Not sure how much you know about switches but let me know if you want some recommendations. It will be a MASSIVE upgrade from a membrane keyboard.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough regarding the G-Pro and powerplay!

For the G915, just be clear on what switch you want. You have clicky, tacticle (which I own) and linear. Not sure how much you know about switches but let me know if you want some recommendations. It will be a MASSIVE upgrade from a membrane keyboard.

If i can avoid the clicky keys the better, other wise i'll get abuse from my friends on discord haha, think tactile is the way forward.

In terms of battery life, how long does your G915 last?

Associate
If i can avoid the clicky keys the better, other wise i'll get abuse from my friends on discord haha, think tactile is the way forward.

In terms of battery life, how long does your G915 last?

All depends on the backlight, you can have it at: 100% and reduce by 25% increments. I have it at 25% (lowest setting) and it lasts around 1.5/2 weeks with moderate to heavy use.

I haven't charged it much at all since I've got it.

Associate
I use a Corsair lapdog thing with a K63 wireless connected via BT with NO issues and a Razer Mamba wireless mouse. Headset is a Arctis 7? All in living room connected to Sony 4k TV.

Soldato
OP
Should update, I ended up buying the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse and the Powerplay mouse pad on the 7th and I love it, the mouse fits perfectly in my hand, perfectly weighted and glides lovely on the pad.

Even though the powerplay mat kinda defeats the purpose of my wireless everything plan, the way I have the cable routed and mostly hidden, it just looks clean and I love the fact I never have to plug a wire into this mouse.

Next step is probably the G915 Wireless keyboard, but that has to wait, spending nearly £200 is enough for me this month.

Soldato
I have the 915tkl linear and it's been great, i also have it connected via bluetooth to my work laptop so i can just switch between the two machines at the press of a button but that's by the by and you can achieve the same with a ugreen switch or simlar from the rainforest. I tried a g pro wireless but the right click would go off even with me barely moving the mouse, i found it unusable. So i'm going to try the new one 'superlight' and hope that they have improved the switches on it.

Permabanned
i also love the powerplay matt, you can have a good amount of lift and still it charges the mouse, wish you can buy a send one for the g915 keyboart but its a easy mode using a Qi charger

what i did firts was i strip the powerplay matt to its internal the charge pcb board with its plastic and had someone made me a acrylic cut to the same size as my 900mmx440mm mouse pad double layer so its flat, you can do it with 2 mouse pad and not strip the powerplay matt

then i went ahead and strip it more to bare min only the pcb left and i coverd my whole desk with a 1mm tpu smoked see thru matting, later on if im not lazing i'll cut a hole om my desk so i can put the powerplay matt reciever before the smoked transparent tpu matting so the logo and the white led will still show

Permabanned
here what i did , next step if flush mounting the module or put it behide the 1mm tpu matting, or if im lazy just drill a hole and route the usb cable below
or maybe later on have someone route and flush everything and cover everything with the TPU smoke matting

139656672_10159040531254715_7856666589623087608_o.jpg
139648797_10159040531549715_1505589038200952921_o.jpg
139887179_10159040532054715_986506061604561648_o.jpg
139933813_10159040531954715_3750355419424444520_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom