Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
For those who have the VRCover face pad how long after getting shipping noticed did you receive it? As I got my halo head strap, from China, in 5 days I hope the VRCover comes in a similar timeframe but for some reason I’m not hopeful. Once I have it my setup will almost be complete, I just need to sort out the external battery and how to make it as seamless as possible.

Talking of the halo head strap, what a difference it makes, now I have it pretty much adjusted to how it gives me the best of all worlds. A few songs of Beat Saber and a few rounds of boxing in FitXR and it feels nice and secure on my head.
VR cover took about 3 weeks from their Europe warehouse when I ordered not long ago.

If you check back through the posts on here a few of us were complaining.

Soldato
I ordered a Ltd Ed one which shipped from China. They went on sale about a week after the normal ones, and arrived about a week before them. Took about 10 days in total.

Not really sure why the EU and US VR Cover sites are so slow...

Soldato
Ive got the elite strap and happy with it but decided to see what the halo straps are like. I do get some pressure on my cheek bones using the elite strap so hopefully the halo will help with this.
I find the halo strap on the Rift S very comfortable

Ordered the upgraded GOMRVR halo so hopefully it should arrive from china in the next 20 days or so

Soldato
A quick look at the Anker charging dock.
50742439333_1cc9762364_o_d.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought Eleven Table Tennis today and played a little bit. I can see why people buy the racket adaptor as the orientation/grip of the paddle is wrong otherwise. Which ones are people buying?

Soldato
So I had an eye test today to get an up to date prescription and then ordered some prescription lenses from VR Optician. They say 4 to 5 weeks plus delivery time but I am hoping, nay (pretend) praying, they come sooner than that.

Associate
Did everyone who ordered from VR Covers get theirs, I just got a notification email saying it was back in stock so ordered mine. However in the back of my mind I was thinking some still hadn't received their original order so wondering where to set my expectations on arrival date.

Edit: Just noticed ElliorR already mentioned it...

Where did you input your email to receive stock notification? Or did you sign up for their newsletter, which I do see a link to.

I'd like one of them when they come back in stock (again!).

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good 6ft plus USB C to USB A cable? I’m having disconnects with my current USB C to C cable and I believe it’s the USB C port on my RTX 2080 that’s causing the issue rather than the cable.

I’ve no more USB C sockets on my computer so I’ll need to test with one of the 3.1 sockets.

Underboss
Can anyone recommend a good 6ft plus USB C to USB A cable? I’m having disconnects with my current USB C to C cable and I believe it’s the USB C port on my RTX 2080 that’s causing the issue rather than the cable.

Just buy a USB C to usbA (usb3) adaptor
I’ve no more USB C sockets on my computer so I’ll need to test with one of the 3.1 sockets.

Caporegime
Anyone found using the GOMRVR makes their headset steam up a lot more. I don't remember mine steaming up with the standard strap, but now it's like clockwork and doesn't take that long to form.

Back
Top Bottom