MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
I am not quite sure that MSI have a legal right to post beta BIOS as an official option on the main site, thus leaving the risk for bricking users' boards open and high.
And if I brick my board, they wouldn't even accept the RMA because it's flashed with a beta. :rolleyes:

Someone to contact the lawyers and ask.
Lawyers - are you trolling? Just install the beta BIOS or wait for official. You can use flashback feature if you have problems booting.

Permabanned
Comical. I've used about 20+ beta BIOS for my MSI motherboard, never ever had any real issue updating to any of them. Only time I really had issues is usually on an initial release BIOS provided with a motherboard.

I have WHEA unrecoverable errors all the time - with some BIOS settings they happen every minute or two minutes. Absolutely unusable system.
Will not use any beta, the board is for RMA because it's of comical execution.

They can't put the WiFi connectors so close to the main USB 2.0 ports that there is no place for normal orientation.

The board is rubbish.

Associate
I have WHEA unrecoverable errors all the time - with some BIOS settings they happen every minute or two minutes. Absolutely unusable system.

They can't put the WiFi connectors so close to the main USB 2.0 ports that there is no place for normal orientation.

The board is rubbish.

You must have the thickest usb connectors in the world if you can fit them below the antenna. I have no issues with the layout.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

The board is rubbish.

ITJG9e1.png

Just in case anyone needs a picture of the backplate. Looks like plenty of room to me, but then I only use one of the USB 2.0 ports at all regularly for my ancient MS Sidewinder wheel and pedals - anything else using USB is on the high speed ports.

Anyway - from the MSI forums:

Windows Event Viewer Error (Even System Restart)
Note. This should relate to individual AMD CPU but not motherboard
Symptom: When FCLK is higher, system is more likely to receive WHEA Logger error and sometimes can end up with BSOD and reboot.
Workaround:
WHEA Logger Error 18: Add a little vcore offset in BIOS (ex. +0.05V) or flash to AGESA ComboAM4PIV2 1.1.9.0 if it is available
WHEA Logger Error 19: Lower FCLK for now and wait for future BIOS update

Which WHEA error do you have @4K8KW10?

Soldato
Hi guys,

My external USB 3.0 hard drive, a WD Elements, keeps on turning on with my system... it doesn't usually - could it be because I moved ports the other day?

I've made no other system changes that @m aware off?

Thanks.

Soldato
If it is plugged in when you startup your system, the external HDD should start up... am I wrong?
Hmm, it hasn't done previously? Unless there's been a power cut. The Element drives have a soft switch on them as opposed to a rocker switch, so appear to be able to be woken on start up. I'm trying it back in one of the blue USB 3.0 ports atm.

I'm having separate issues with my K70 keyboard not being detected in iCUE, the Corsair techs think it might be a Ryzen power management issue. Maybe the two things are connected?

Permabanned
ITJG9e1.png

Just in case anyone needs a picture of the backplate. Looks like plenty of room to me, but then I only use one of the USB 2.0 ports at all regularly for my ancient MS Sidewinder wheel and pedals - anything else using USB is on the high speed ports.

The left (bottom on your image) antenna blocks the USB ports. The Wi-Fi connectors should have been placed on top (on the left on your image):

Anyway - from the MSI forums:

Which WHEA error do you have @4K8KW10?

I don't know.

Last edited:
Permabanned
In all the ways that it doesn't at all really? ;)

D'you find yourself often needing the BIOS Flash port?

These 2 USB ports are for my keyboard and mouse :confused:

Upwards and slightly inclined is the standard position of any antenna. :confused:

Should I position the antennas horisontally?

And do you not think it'd be a pretty corking idea to maybe find out and try the potential fix? Maybe save you the ballache of RMAing.

Err, yes, waiting for my Radeon RX 6800 XT to arrive once they come in stock, then try if there is a new version of BIOS, and then - adios amigo...

Back
Top Bottom