• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Master / Extreme (3080+3090) Thread

Soldato
I bought a 3080 Xtreme on Friday. I'm happy to say I'm in the club now. It's funny it comes with an action figure and the default thing on the LCD screen is like a Tamagotchi, it hatches and everything!

I'm going to put it through its paces tomorrow and see how far I can OC it. Has anyone noticed, on both the OC and silent bios (F4 version), the fans randomly turning on for a short while despite the temps being low? Then after 10 - 15 seconds they turn off.

Associate
Just had notification that Master (poss 6) has shipped.
Did anyone find any info on the difference between rev1 and rev2 of the Master?

Associate
Also what average fps are you getting in cyberpunk?

Around the city i'm getting around 64FPS average, goes up to 70/80s outside the city centre. I'm playing at 4K with all the settings on High / Ultra (where available) with RTX on. DLSS is set to performance mode

Associate
I bought a 3080 Xtreme on Friday. I'm happy to say I'm in the club now. It's funny it comes with an action figure and the default thing on the LCD screen is like a Tamagotchi, it hatches and everything!

I'm going to put it through its paces tomorrow and see how far I can OC it. Has anyone noticed, on both the OC and silent bios (F4 version), the fans randomly turning on for a short while despite the temps being low? Then after 10 - 15 seconds they turn off.
Where did you get it so quickly if you only boughjt it on friday? Not here I suppose?

Soldato
Yeah, I got a 3080 master too, ordered 28th Dec, arrived 30th. Does your bios switch have a label for which one is silent / oc? Maybe I'm just being blind but can't see them on the 3080 or 3090 masters. Just blank.

Yes, mine does have switch. If you're looking at the back plate, go straight down from the R in GEFORCE until you reach the edge of the card, it's tiny.

Not sure what site that would be but i think you mean somehting like ebay?

You can't name competitors to OCUK on this forum, hence why I'm vague. It's a chain of stores across the UK sharing a name with a popular take away dish.

As for the how, PartAlert. It's a twitter account and there's a discord, the guy has bots that post stock as soon as it updates on websites. The discord is faster updating than the twitter, so I'd use that one.

Associate
Yes, mine does have switch. If you're looking at the back plate, go straight down from the R in GEFORCE until you reach the edge of the card, it's tiny.

You can't name competitors to OCUK on this forum, hence why I'm vague. It's a chain of stores across the UK sharing a name with a popular take away dish.

As for the how, PartAlert. It's a twitter account and there's a discord, the guy has bots that post stock as soon as it updates on websites. The discord is faster updating than the twitter, so I'd use that one.
Oh sorry I didnt know thanks for clearing that up. Very interesting I think illo have a look but probably not going to cancel my pro order here as I waited over 2 months already and got down in que from 173 to 63 and i dont want to loose my position/

Soldato
Oh sorry I didnt know thanks for clearing that up. Very interesting I think illo have a look but probably not going to cancel my pro order here as I waited over 2 months already and got down in que from 173 to 63 and i dont want to loose my position/

Yeah, definitely keep your pre-order. I didn't cancel my pre-order here until I installed one in my PC!

Soldato
Yeah, I got a 3080 master too, ordered 28th Dec, arrived 30th. Does your bios switch have a label for which one is silent / oc? Maybe I'm just being blind but can't see them on the 3080 or 3090 masters. Just blank.
It's on the backplate printed in black lol

Hard to see but if you look carefully it's there

Associate
Just received Master 3080. Was expecting version 2 but I received version1.
Replaced 2080 all ok. Powered up all ok. Had initial problem with RGB screen not remembering settings on reboot. I need to uninstall Aorus engine and RGB fusion and reinstall Aorus engine again. This fixed the RGB display if anyone else has same issue.
Temp is running 40oc with no load.
Now to test on some games.

Associate
Are there any differences between the OC and silent bios, besides boost clock and fan curve?

I've had my 3080 Xtreme since just before Crimbo, didn't even know there was a switch to change it and never had. It defaults to OC mode which is really silent anyway so I can't see there is any benefit to it at all to be honest.

Soldato
I've had my 3080 Xtreme since just before Crimbo, didn't even know there was a switch to change it and never had. It defaults to OC mode which is really silent anyway so I can't see there is any benefit to it at all to be honest.

It is quiet, for sure. However, it drops the thresh hold for passive cooling quite a lot. I tried setting a custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner, but that didn't work very well. At the moment I have it on silent, maxed the power target to 450w and set the boost clock back to 1905.

Back
Top Bottom