• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Soldato
I recently sold my 1070ti for £230 which I had brought 2 years ago for £250 and my ryzen 5 3600 sold for £200 after buying it for only £190 new 17 months ago.

Permabanned
Does the mining algorithm still implement regular difficulty jumps to massively nerf profit levels?

I remember when mining eth, after a month or two this happened, it almost halved income, but luckily the currency then skyrocketed in value which countered it, however this only lasted a short while, by the time it went down again by daily profits were rubbish and I sold the gpu's.

Curious when the mining market entered a boom period again.

The mining market makes little sense, I mean the true financial gurus of the world avoid it like the plague saying that since it is based on nothing solid it could all vanish as quickly as it arrived... but that doesn't seem to stop the investors. Why knows what inspires it's trends?

Soldato
The mining market makes little sense, I mean the true financial gurus of the world avoid it like the plague saying that since it is based on nothing solid it could all vanish as quickly as it arrived... but that doesn't seem to stop the investors. Why knows what inspires it's trends?

Diversificaiton

Currenly when it very difficult to beat inflation in convention markets and banks are offering 0% in most savings products, putting 2-5% of wealth into crypto as a 'high risk' long term option makes some sense.
2% of global wealth is a very big number...

Soldato

Yeah to me just investing the cash directly makes more sense, if I put the money in directly instead of buying gpu's I would have made way more profit, the reason been the gpu's take time to accumulate coins, if I put that money in directly, then when the currency sky rocketed I would have made about 4x the money.

Caporegime
I posted a picture of my MSI Lightning 1080ti On a Facebook group the other day in a discussion about sagging cards, within an hour I had three different offers of over £400 for it, it’s not for sale nor listed as such anywhere.

Absolutely crazy.

Soldato
I posted a picture of my MSI Lightning 1080ti On a Facebook group the other day in a discussion about sagging cards, within an hour I had three different offers of over £400 for it, it’s not for sale nor listed as such anywhere.

Absolutely crazy.
Madness

Got a viral pandemic and a GPU pandemic at the same time!

Soldato
It's not just GPU's it's allsorts at the minute, i had a pair of Heineken Krups Machines that I paid £69 for 3 years ago, one was faulty.

Just sold the faulty one for £90 and the good one for just shy of £150.

Bonkers.

(Will point out I wasn't trying to rip anyone off, that's simply how high the bidding went)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have noticed ebay sellers doing tricks, on google they will show as a 3080 for a reasonable price, then when you click the link its a different title on ebay, same but with 3080 swapped to 3070, clever, as it renames it on google's search, but correct name on ebay. Might fool quick clickers.

Soldato
New RX 580 8GB .... £300 (and in stock!)
S/H GTX 1070 8GB ...... £220 ish (and 50% faster)
Some older generations of quality gpu's are still not a terrible buy, just not as cheap as 3 months ago.

Associate
Is rather annoying for anybody looking to upgrade, been holding out for ages as my 970 GTX has ran everything I've wanted at 1080p, now I'd like to upgrade to something that can handle 4k well and everything's been priced through the roof second hand and new.

Soldato
Is rather annoying for anybody looking to upgrade, been holding out for ages as my 970 GTX has ran everything I've wanted at 1080p, now I'd like to upgrade to something that can handle 4k well and everything's been priced through the roof second hand and new.
Yeah i struggled with 4K for 18 months! At least there are cards at last made for it... best of luck nabbing one!

Back
Top Bottom