Poll: *** The official 2020 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

What 2020 Apple Silicon notebook have you ordered?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 72 71.3%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 29 28.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
So so temped to order one but I really need the 16" screen size, hoping they come out soon.

Hold off. I’m in the same boat. I’m waiting. The bigger pro are going to be insane, I’m hoping the next gen have the built in wireless charging for the phones so I can use it as a charging station when travelling.

One charging brick and cable for everything would be huge for me.

Soldato
Mines just been dispatched eta 20th Jan. will see how much I use it compared to my iPad and go from there.

love my old iPad Pro 12 inch but sometimes it’s frustrating typing on it and still some websites don’t format correctly.

Don
I'm still utterly gobsmacked by this machine. I've not been so impressed with a piece of tech hardware since the first iPhone, or the 3DFX Voodoo.
Last night I played World of Warcraft for 3 hours at 60fps on battery. When I finished I had 65% battery remaining. The machine was slightly warm.

Very very excited for the 16" models if they are going to be - as reports are saying - massively more powerful.

Soldato
I'm still utterly gobsmacked by this machine. I've not been so impressed with a piece of tech hardware since the first iPhone, or the 3DFX Voodoo.
Last night I played World of Warcraft for 3 hours at 60fps on battery. When I finished I had 65% battery remaining. The machine was slightly warm.

This is what's blown my mind, I know WoW isn't the pinnacle of the most demanding game, but it's a decently heavy game with a lot of effects in general, especially retail - and this is being handled on an iGPU which is crazy.

Soldato
This is what's blown my mind, I know WoW isn't the pinnacle of the most demanding game, but it's a decently heavy game with a lot of effects in general, especially retail - and this is being handled on an iGPU which is crazy.

To be fair you can tweak the game so that it'll run on the slowest machine or tax the fastest, so I'm not sure that 'played warcraft at 60fps' necessarily says a lot about the power of the machine. I'm not saying it isn't powerful, of course, just that it shouldn't be enough to blow your mind without knowing the settings used :p

Soldato
To be fair you can tweak the game so that it'll run on the slowest machine or tax the fastest, so I'm not sure that 'played warcraft at 60fps' necessarily says a lot about the power of the machine. I'm not saying it isn't powerful, of course, just that it shouldn't be enough to blow your mind without knowing the settings used :p

Playing Shadowlands zones at 60fps isn't going to happen on a normal standard internal GPU, even at potato quality. I sadly know this because I have just spent a month living with a standard internal GPU because I couldn't get a GPU and I had to send my Mac Mini back.

Man of Honour
Works fine on Laptop, disappointed with the GFX compared to my BlackMagik Pro on my 5120x1440 49"
Definitely slower, but c'est la vie. Fingers crossed the 16" has multi-core GFX

Back
Top Bottom