Wonder Woman 2

Soldato
I watched it on NYE and it's one of the best movie's in the last few years

Drugs are bad for you

Zammo-Just-Say-No.jpg

Soldato
Just watched WW1984. I found it surprisingly bad. I say surprising because I generally like the genre and can look past a lot of stupid stuff and still enjoy these types of films. This one was pretty terrible though.

Soldato
UGH I keep seeing stunning a brace with a beautiful message, inspiring and emotional branded around on twitter?

Any one care to explain? I'm I missing something?

Now I'm not heartless. In fact it's pretty easy to get me to have a little sniffle and a little tear in the eye. Even so called bad films like Armageddon (which I love) gets me going every time.

Wonder Woman 1. The scene in the trenches "that's no man land. No man has ever made it across" Diana wips off her coat and turns into bloody Wonder Woman then goes over the top and inspires everyone to do the same.

That gets me every time also......

Soldato
UGH I keep seeing stunning a brace with a beautiful message, inspiring and emotional branded around on twitter?

Any one care to explain? I'm I missing something?

The best description would be "The NPC meme" where many of initial reviews (those considered to be written by "shills") used the same buzzwords such as "Inspirational", "A film we need right now" or derivations of such and those get parroted across SM/Twitter by groups of like-minded people who believe that the buzzwords they repeat on Twitter makes them a better person than everyone else, prompting others who also want to believe they are better than everyone else to also parrot the same buzzwords, and the cycle repeats and grows.

Once you spot the buzzwords its extremely easy to see who has actually seen the film and has their own independent thoughts about it vs those who've just added a buzzword filled post for SM likes.

Of course thats just my take on it so, according to those various groups on SM/Twitter at least, as I think differently to their collective Hive-Mind apparently that would make me a Far-Right Extremist Toxic basement dwelling Man-Baby Troll bent on the destruction everything that opposes White Supremacy and the Patriarchy so therefore I must be destroyed, whereas as in reality, I just didn't like a movie - Ah well :D

Caporegime
HAHA!

Warner Bros. has submitted Wonder Woman 1984 for consideration in all categories at the 93rd Academy Awards

Submitted for consideration in the acting categories are Gadot for Best Actress; Kristen Wiig, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen for Best Supporting Actress; and Chris Pine and Pedro Pascal for Best Supporting Actor. Other For Your Consideration campaigns include Best Cinematography (Matthew Jensen, ASC); Best Film Editing (Richard Pearson, ACE); Best Costume Design (Lindy Hemming); and Best Score (Hans Zimmer).

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/w...tegories-best-picture-best-actress-gal-gadot/

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Opening scene was OK, everything else was a mess. Why Chris Pine came back as another dude when it grants your every wish...

Given up trying to make sense of it. Its all Patty Jenkins, i doubt even she be able to explain. She got Star Wars next, shudder to think what that's going to be like.

Soldato
Given up trying to make sense of it. Its all Patty Jenkins, i doubt even she be able to explain. She got Star Wars next, shudder to think what that's going to be like.

Yeah, it's not worth thinking about. Hopefully she will be under tighter control when it comes to SW!

Soldato
I had forgotten about WW2 and moved on until I caught the end of some woman on the BBC reviewing it using the buzzwords.

Question is how many films came out last year?
Opening scene was OK, everything else was a mess. Why Chris Pine came back as another dude when it grants your every wish...
which one? The film had two intros. Flash back lasted way to long and the second one actually had Wonder Woman in it.

depends. Going by her previous work there is some talent there. Maybe writing big budget Superhero films is to much of a reach.

Soldato
which one? The film had two intros. Flash back lasted way to long and the second one actually had Wonder Woman in it.

I'm talking about the opening scene flash back. Anything after that isn't an opening scene :)

As for it being too long. I'd rather watch a two hour flashback than what followed.

Back
Top Bottom