Anyway to make Malibu palatable

Soldato
My significant other has amassed via birthdays and christmases 6 bottles of this horrendous filth, that for medical and lifestyle reasons she can no longer drink at a fast rate. She probably drink half a bottle a year.
I on the other hand could drink a bottle a month as a steady drinker, if I could stand the taste of it.

Is there anyway via maybe a cocktail that I could make it not taste like pure coconut syrup?

Soldato
I'm not sure about Malibu specifically as I haven't tried it in a very long time, but I recall that some more regular strength coconut rum I had went great with pineapple juice.

Soldato
OP
Yeah a few drinks won't cover the overpowering flavor it has. I guess I'm going to need something as strong tasting or some thing that dulls the flavour.
Pineapple juice could be an idea, but that two flavours that are low on my list of nice tastes.
Could be the perfect storm of disgusting. :D

Soldato
Mix it with fondant icing until it's not quite runny. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm it up. Shape into rectangles and dip in melted chocolate. Let the chocolate set. Make fortune selling alcoholic Bounty Bars.

I have no idea if this will work or be tasty, but I'll buy one to find out.

Man of Honour
1oz vodka.
1oz Malibu.
1/2 oz blue curaçao.
Top with orange or pineapple juice to taste.
Pour over ice.
Add a cocktail umbrella and a sparkler.
Listen to Jimmy Buffet and be comfortable with your masculinity as you imbibe.

Last edited:
Associate
Wouldn't it make more sense to gift them on to people that might enjoy them (I presume such people must exist), rather than trying to find something that will make them barely palatable so you can drink them, and probably still dislike it, just because they are there?

Soldato
Wouldn't it make more sense to gift them on to people that might enjoy them (I presume such people must exist), rather than trying to find something that will make them barely palatable so you can drink them, and probably still dislike it, just because they are there?

Definitely re-gift these! I don’t really know how you’d make it taste good!

Soldato
OP

It would if I knew any that A- drank it and B- deserved a gift :D

Man of Honour
Few options for doing Margaritas with them - but probably all a bit sickly sweet. One of those drinks in one sitting I enjoy the first one, can't stomach the second one onwards heh.

Back
Top Bottom