Wireless adapter recommendation

Associate
Any recommendation for a wireless adapter that won't break the bank and will be used with the Vodafone Fibre running at about 60Mbps?

PC is about 10-12m away from the router and will eventually be migrated to a cable, but that won't be for a while yet so need something that will work happily in the meantime.

Soldato
You missed any info on what is between the router and the PC, 10-12m of open air will be fine with a crappy USB dongle, 5 walls changes that somewhat. In general anything with an external antennae should out perform a dongle with an internal antennae, 2.4Ghz is going to give better penetration at lower speed than 5Ghz, but it all depends on what you are expecting to get 60mbit through in term so walls etc. As you already know a cable will cost you less and give 100% speed, you'd be better doing to right the first time if possible.

Associate
OP
Ahh, yes lol
Got about 2 wall in between. Running the cable is not an option until I do my flooring, which is on the list for this year.
Right now the rig is without internet as I upgraded do Win 10 and my old doesn't support it.. :eek: (cheers TP Link..) its the v2 gen of WN822N.

Back
Top Bottom