• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia CES 2021 stream

Soldato
dissapointed no 3080ti, looks like for me it is 3080 or stick with my 1080ti for another generation. 1080ti is not a terrible place to be.

the new gaming laptops look nice for those who use laptops but not for me.

i was hoping for a new pack in game to be announced with 3000 cards as the COD bundle ended yesterday, but was dissapointed there too.

Associate
More like nearer £400 at the rate things are going! You know it will only be a limited stock of FE models. AMD and Nvidia RRP is a bit of a joke currently! :(

Might be cheaper to buy a gaming laptop with an RTX3060 once you add the cost of the rest of the PC.
I agree laptops will likely be cheaper.. I'm on the go a bit lately and currently on an old ish desktop 4790k 980 Ti. If I can get a decent specced 3070 laptop for under £1500 17.3 inch screen I may bite.

Soldato
I agree laptops will likely be cheaper.. I'm on the go a bit lately and currently on an old ish desktop 4790k 980 Ti. If I can get a decent specced 3070 laptop for under £1500 17.3 inch screen I may bite.
And when you get home you just dock it to your 27,32 or 34 inch monitor and mouse/keyboard and it's a desktop.. With the current GPU prices if Laptops are not going over price it would be the way I would do it.

Soldato
OP
I like being the Harbinger of Doom. It's a role that could have been made just for me :p

LOL! :p

I found that many times a laptop(or even a prebuilt desktop) can end up cheaper - I think retail pricing can take the mickey,moreso than what Dell,etc have to face.

Soldato
Why would you expect them to launch a 3080ti when they cant even provide stock of 3080's ?

Is this the first time a lower card has got more vram than (some of) the higher ones ?

Think Nvidia are just taking a **** take with the 3060 for all those people who argue 8gb or 10gb VRAM is not enough.

They’ll have to release a super/Ti at some point, having a low SKU card with more ram than their self professed “flagship” is just dumb, even if the ram is faster.

I think they just know what a backlash they would get from 3080 owners and people still on a pre-order queue... it’ll be coming at some poi though, the 12gb 3060 just guaranteed it.

Back
Top Bottom