• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
the retailer is doing strange things with the 3090 FE. it's now listed on its own branded pages as in stock, yet not searchable afaiks. that's after yesterday listing it twice on different urls with nvidia branding. wtf?
I've noticed that for other FE cards too - they don't show up in searches and I can't see any direct links, so you literally have no way of buying one if you're not in a discord server that sends you direct links, even if you happened to be browsing the website when they come in stock! Very odd.

Soldato
I've noticed that for other FE cards too - they don't show up in searches and I can't see any direct links, so you literally have no way of buying one if you're not in a discord server that sends you direct links, even if you happened to be browsing the website when they come in stock! Very odd.

They're linked to from nVidia's webshop.

Soldato
Arrived today!

thumbnail-PXL-20210112-143138744.jpg

Associate
My RTX 3090 FE arrived today (hurray!). I mainly play Warzone and just tried it out and was achieving around 140 FPS at 1440p on max settings. I only have 16GB of RAM at the moment which may be limiting it, is there anything else I should be looking at as I have seen benchmarks achieving around 180 maxed out.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
My RTX 3090 FE arrived today (hurray!). I mainly play Warzone and just tried it out and was achieving around 140 FPS at 1440p on max settings. I only have 16GB of RAM at the moment which may be limiting it, is there anything else I should be looking at as I have seen benchmarks achieving around 180 maxed out.

What CPU etc?

Associate
I'm only getting ~50% CPU usage compared to 80% for GPU.

this suggests you are leaving performance on the table, your CPU although not fully utilised (as games are lightly threaded) isn’t fast enough.

Crank the setting more as your GPU should be at 98%+

edit: try enabling reflex with boost, this might help

Edit 2: I get around 100 FPS with a GTX 1080 and 3900x (but in a VM with only 6 cores) so should be very similar performance CPU wise. With mid settings.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I'm only getting ~50% CPU usage compared to 80% for GPU.

Yeah I think thats a bit of a factoid. My 3600 handles warzone OK and yours is better than that. I played WZ and its a bit hit and miss especially each Giga-patch they usually break something so would image its poor optimisation. As said though would be better to view the usage over time graphs and monitor the info to get a better diagnosis.

Associate
this suggests you are leaving performance on the table, your CPU although not fully utilised (as games are lightly threaded) isn’t fast enough.

Crank the setting more as your GPU should be at 98%+

edit: try enabling reflex with boost, this might help

Edit 2: I get around 100 FPS with a GTX 1080 and 3900x (but in a VM with only 6 cores) so should be very similar performance CPU wise. With mid settings.

Ah ok, so I would need to upgrade my CPU as well as buy more RAM (currently only 16GB)?

Back
Top Bottom