Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
My living room "setup" out here in Saudi -
  • Laptop - Gigabyte P57V7 (i7 7700hq with GTX 1070, 32Gb 2400Mhz RAM, 256Gb NVMe drive, 1TB mechanical drive, & 1TB SSD) sat on an angled CoolerMaster Laptop Cooling Pad.
  • Keyboard - Logitech G613 Wireless
  • Mouse - Logitech G703 Lightspeed Wireless
  • External Storage - 2x 4TB Seagate HDD's (TV Shows, Movies and general back-up)
  • "Monitor" - Samsung Q70T 75in 4K QLED TV
  • Sound - LG SNH5 600w soundbar
With text scaling set to 175% on the Laptop, and with me sitting less than 3m from the TV/Monitor, such a big 4k display is actually pretty nice to use, even if you have to move your eyes around "cinema style" to see stuff at the edges of the screen at times.

EDIT - Wow that picture absolutely bloody sucks :D

OPCgwGE.jpg

Caporegime
Govee LED TV Backlight, Music Sync USB Powered LED Strip Lighting Kit with Remote for 46-60 Inch TV Television PC Monitor(2 x 50cm + 2 x 10cm) [Energy Class A++]

They're completely overkill. We have doubled up lol, it was huge on my 34" monitor.

Hello, this requires power + USB presumably?

Wanting something for my two monitors but wanted to avoid extra power

Soldato
665faae6-be0d-405c-9a17-cd3268e9434d.jpg

Now we're finally in our house and have most things sorted I can start planning my desk! This 'desk' I've been using was a temporary solution which I ended up using for about 2 years. Some cheapo IKEA desktop with 4 legs.

Going to check outworktop-express as it seems a lot of you have used them and if I'm being honest I'm totally planning on copying some of your set ups. Less is more!

Associate
I HATE those wire things

Agree, used to have something similar with my old desk, I despised. Tangling and just messy.

For my current setup, I went for J Channel Cable Raceway Kits. The only drawback, the tape supplied is a permanent solution, once its stuck; it will be a nightmare to remove! I am terrible for changing my setup every few months and thus far, these have worked well. Just have to have a bit of forward planning where to stick etc.

Soldato

That is an option but my main issue is the drop, or lack thereof, with my current IKEA one.

That's the sort of drop I need so I can feed everything into it, perfect idea! I change my kit semi regularly and when I go back to the office, will need easy access to take some of this back, so I can't have anything permanently holding the cables in place, so this should work.

Cheers both.

Back
Top Bottom