Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th Jan 2021]

Don
If that were true, then why was the yellow rescinded? It was still a clear foul. Again, Bailly was given a yellow after the whistle had gone a week ago. The rules change on a weekly basis.
I've no idea what happened with Baily but the Burnley yellow was overturned because that attack shouldn't have happened. The Burnley defender no longer made that cynical foul/deny a goal scoring opportunity.

I'd guess that Baily wasn't booked for a cynical foul but possibly a reckless one, which is why he could be booked after the whistle but I'm just guessing as I didn't see it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If that were true, then why was the yellow rescinded? It was still a clear foul. Again, Bailly was given a yellow after the whistle had gone a week ago. The rules change on a weekly basis.

We all know that the rule is that whatever the ref decides was correct and he has the full backing of the FA.

Don
I wasn't arguing the law. I was arguing that it needs reviewing and changing. The Burnley play did what he did and had that mindset regardless of the foul earlier that he knew nothing about.

Ok I think that's a crazy idea. If a player does something dangerous or violent then fair enough but I'm not sure you can punish a team for denying a goal scoring opportunity when they should have had a foul to begin with.

The defending side should have never been in the position where they're forced to make a last ditch challenge. You can't penalise them when they were unfairly put in that position to begin with.

fez

fez

Caporegime
This is the sort of game that we are utterly awful at. Relying on our players to break down 10 men behind the ball using our complete lack of movement or understanding between our players.

It would be no great shame in Burnley were relegated. Such a depressing team to watch. Are they ever any more ambitious than this?

Soldato
Burnley are consistently one of the most boring teams in the league every season. How can their fans enjoy this week in week out? Barnes is horrible too, always leaves something in and one of the first to hit the deck.

Caporegime
This is the sort of game that we are utterly awful at. Relying on our players to break down 10 men behind the ball using our complete lack of movement or understanding between our players.

It would be no great shame in Burnley were relegated. Such a depressing team to watch. Are they ever any more ambitious than this?

Not many teams have beaten them by two clear goals. This is just what Burnley are good at. Burnley exist purely to survive in the premier League and get TV money. They must have gotten £500 million in the past 5 years of being up and they got a first eleven that cost 41 million. They have no intention what so ever to compete.

Don
Burnley are consistently one of the most boring teams in the league every season. How can their fans enjoy this week in week out? Barnes is horrible too, always leaves something in and one of the first to hit the deck.
Can't stand Barnes. He's as big a cheat as there is in the League, always backing into defenders then losing the use of his legs and then Dyche will complain about diving after the game :o

fez

fez

Caporegime
VAR is just ridiculous. You can guarantee that if the ref had given Pogba a penalty there VAR wouldn't have overturned it.

Thats a stonking good goal from Pogba!

Back
Top Bottom