• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT

Associate
OP
Im not paying 900 quid for 6800XT so I didn't pre order on that site.

Anyone ordering at those prices needs their heads testing imho.

Even if they were available to order now..

The 6900xt is only £100 more than the 6800xt on there.. makes the 6900xt the better of the 3coptions on that site at the minute I suppose.

Caporegime
Pre-order is up on some on some websites.

6800 / 6800xt / 6900XT

28th FEB ETA

That's MARCH for these cards. WoW

with a +300£ premium at least ofc.
Screw it, think I'll swap back to nVidia this round.

AMD cards basically do not exist and aren't going to exist for months. They just aren't making any kind of volume.

I wish they'd been more honest. "Sorry guys, we're making CPUs and consoles - you've got a long wait for a 6000 series GPU."

Instead they kept us hanging on, and now the truth is plainly obvious - they just aren't making them.

Permabanned

AMD cards basically do not exist and aren't going to exist for months. They just aren't making any kind of volume.

I wish they'd been more honest. "Sorry guys, we're making CPUs and consoles - you've got a long wait for a 6000 series GPU."

Instead they kept us hanging on, and now the truth is plainly obvious - they just aren't making them.

This is not correct. You have to be more patient and contact the retailer in order to order one.
It won't magically knock on your door tomorrow without any efforts.

Associate

This ultimately what lead me away from AMD too. I would have LOVED to get 6800XT from AMD site for £600 but that wasnt meant to be, and I aint paying £900 for a 6800XT. or £1200 for 6900XT.

Instead I just got a plain old bog standard 3090FE which beats all for £1400, gives me usable RT, free two games and DLSS, and soon SAM too.
Done.

Caporegime
This is not correct. You have to be more patient and contact the retailer in order to order one.
It won't magically knock on your door tomorrow without any efforts.
It is **** correct. Stop blaming the consumer.

I'm signed up to two Discord channels and there is bugger all AMD stock anywhere. Occasionally get alerts for a DE site that won't ship to the UK. That's it.

Stop defensively defending AMD when they screw up. It's pathetic.

Caporegime
PPL buying this are hardcore AMD fanboys with too much cash.
This ultimately what lead me away from AMD too. I would have LOVED to get 6800XT from AMD site for £600 but that wasnt meant to be, and I aint paying £900 for a 6800XT. or £1200 for 6900XT.
Instead I just got a plain old bog standard 3090FE which beats all for £1400, gives me usable RT, free two games and DLSS, and soon SAM too.
Done.
Can't get a graphics card with similar performance in most things for £600, so I'll spend £1400 instead.

#Logic

Caporegime
Can't get a graphics card with similar performance in most things for £600, so I'll spend £1400 instead.

#Logic
What £600 GPU? The one that doesn't exist? And won't exist? Because you aren't making them? Because the RRP was fake as hell and you don't really want to sell them at that price?

How stupid do you think we are?

The £600 6800XT is a unicorn fantasy.

I know you work for AMD, but rather than sniping at people who *want* to buy your products but can't, how about you fix the problems with your product delivery?

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Done.

Exactly the same here. Waited for the 6900XT launch and ended up with a 3090FE. :p

Associate
Yeah so it seems on that auction site (completed listings) so if I can get a decent 6800 for just under £700 I will be happy
would like a Sapphire Pulse but I hardly have a choice at the moment.

I can vouch for the reference model, the build quality is brilliant.

Caporegime
What £600 GPU? The one that doesn't exist? And won't exist? Because you aren't making them? Because the RRP was fake as hell and you don't really want to sell them at that price?

How stupid do you think we are?

The £600 6800XT is a unicorn fantasy.

I know you work for AMD, but rather than sniping at people who *want* to buy your products but can't, how about you fix the problems with your product delivery?
I think that's a good idea based on your post above.

Caporegime
Exactly the same here. Waited for the 6900XT launch and ended up with a 3090FE. :p
And yet AMD doesn't understand why people are buying nV if the AMD products don't even exist.

"Why you going nVidia? Why you spending more money? AMD better. AMD cards exist, honest. Look, "Available Now!" it says on this slide Lisa showed at CES..."
I think that's a good idea based on your post above.
AMD GPUs are a joke right now. Deal with it.

And stop being sarcy at people who have supported your company in the past. We're frustrated as hell with your failure to deliver. And you're blaming that on us.

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth...

Caporegime
AMD GPUs are a joke right now. Deal with it.

And stop being sarcy at people who have supported your company in the past. We're frustrated as hell with your failure to deliver. And you're blaming that on us.

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth...
I'm not being sarcastic. I did something similar going from a £600 6800 XT to a £1070 6900 XT. We all use some mental gymnastics to justify a purchase.

If using Nvidia will make you happy, then go with that.

I'm here as a regular user, hardware enthusiast and gamer, nothing more.

So take your anger out elsewhere please.

Back
Top Bottom