Delays in all my hobbies due to covid and brexit. Grr

Caporegime
People can't be trusted to do even the most simple of things.

This is what irritates me the most, it's the sheer arrogance of people. We're facing a worldwide crisis yet I see people wandering around in groups, no masks, doing whatever they want as if nothing's happened. These people are the reason we're still in this mess.

People keep blaming Boris for not locking down and shutting the borders, but why should it fall on him? Surely the very idea of keeping yourself alive and not transmitting a deadly virus to others around you should be motivation enough to just stick it out for a few weeks and get it over and done with? Yet here they are, continuing their lives as if it's just another day.

I honestly think this virus needs to do the world a favour and flush these people from the gene pool, this planet doesn't have enough resources to keep babying people who can't even grasp the most basic survival skills.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I honestly think this virus needs to do the world a favour and flush these people from the gene pool, this planet doesn't have enough resources to keep babying people who can't even grasp the most basic survival skills.

Its because its not killing the young in general and its not that deadly because we have such good health care. I this was indescriminate in who it was killing I can assure you people would be petrified. The thing that really gauls me is the ***** that don't even do the simple stuff that barely affects their lives. I can have some vague sympathy when you can't see loved ones or you can't do things you love to do. I have less than 0 sympathy for anyone who doesn't wear a mask or socially distance. That is no harder than making sure you put pants on before you go outside.

Soldato
And there was me expecting outdoor hobbies :D

I guess exercising is still allowed so not too bad

Despite it being cold which doesn't bother some people

For me ideal temp is 10c :D

Soldato
Could be worse, your hobbies could require travel and facilities to be open. I climb and mountain bike, neither of which I can do at all for the next 2 months probably.

It's typical that it's the best the winter conditions have been for years and I'm not allowed to go to Scotland, North Wales or the Lakes. Any other year and I'd at one of them every weekend. I'm getting jealous of seeing photos of people who live there ticking off routes while my ice axes are sat gathering dust.

Caporegime
I don't know! It's not like he's the leader of the country or anything, why should he take the flack for the ineptitude of this country's leadership?

Because people still have their own individual responsibility. Some things are obviously a bad idea without specifically being highlighted to you. You know better than to do them. This whole situation has been the same. People knowingly doing stupid things and then hiding behind 'but we weren't told not to'.

Permabanned
You know exactly what I'm getting at, don't be that guy.

:p

Because people still have their own individual responsibility. Some things are obviously a bad idea without specifically being highlighted to you. You know better than to do them. This whole situation has been the same. People knowingly doing stupid things and then hiding behind 'but we weren't told not to'.

Absolutely they do. What I'm getting at is that the government treats us like we're all morons with catchy three word catchphrases and telling us to sing happy birthday as we wash our hands, so they can't claim that they don't anticipate people will do stupid things and think that it is a reasonable defence.

Caporegime
Only thing keeping me sane is going out on my mtb bike.

Luckily I live close enough to some nice places I don't need to drive there.

Soldato
I have been waiting for some new modelling stuff to arrive that was ordered back in November and have now been informed that its sat on some train somewhere in the uk in a backlog of freight.

I have found getting kits and paints to be fine. I have ordered from UK. EU and US and had no real issues. I have some resin missile rails coming from US, ordered a couple of weeks ago and got email from RM that it's cleared customs.

What modelling stuff did you order?

Back
Top Bottom