Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Purely for convenience. I have a laptop at home, but I'd find it easier to just use my phone.

Any recommendations other than 212? I've just downloaded it and playing with the virtual money at the moment.

I am completely new to this, I honestly don't know the first thing about stocks and shares, but keen to learn.

Wow. Pretty much everything in the world over than making a phone call is easier and faster on a computer vs a phone, but each unto their own.

With £100 I guess you need to do some thinking about why you are investing and what you want to invest in.

If investing in funds, the a £100 a month is a decent start. Something like HL might be a better platform than T212.

On T212 you set up pies which are like self managed funds, so you can cherry pick the stocks you want and invest in them each month. If you go the T212 be sure to get a recommendation from someone. That way you get free share too.

Soldato
Purely for convenience. I have a laptop at home, but I'd find it easier to just use my phone.

Any recommendations other than 212? I've just downloaded it and playing with the virtual money at the moment.

I am completely new to this, I honestly don't know the first thing about stocks and shares, but keen to learn.
I'd start with why are you investing, and how much can you/do you need to invest to hit your goals.

Once you dig into that, I think you'll find fees are far more important than having a brilliant app.

For me personally, it would take be longer to hit my goals using T212, so I chose a platform with no platform fee.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Don't use 212 if you want to trade. Longer term investments maybe OK.

When things get exciting they just don't fulfill orders. I got in ARB at 9p and the number of people trying to get in via 212 and seeing their buys parked for a day was mad. One guy was waiting 36h :D

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Got in ARB at 9p and 29p. 500 quid each time

Sold 1k at 100p and 1k at 110p so I'm up double.

Theres 5k remaining as of today which I'll let ride. The sp volatility relative to btc price has held very nicely relative to where it was. More miners on stream this month and in Feb and theyre currently pink sheets only in US OTC terms but will be upgraded in the coming days which will open the market up.

US OTC done and a bitcoin recovery to 40k and up and we're off toward 2 quid.

Or btc properly crashes and it all goes to hell :)

Looking for an entry into DDDD and RUA now. Latter looks like it could do well. Synthetic heart valves, interesting stuff. DYOR.

Caporegime
FRSX went to the moon but it looks like people thought it was a pump and dump and started to cash in profits
https://ir.foresightauto.com/wp-con...Japanese-automotive-OEM-130121-ENHE-FINAL.pdf

FRSX), an innovator in automotive vision systems, announced todaythat its wholly owned subsidiary, Eye-Net Mobile Ltd., will begin a pilot project with the intelligent transport system division of amulti-billion-dollar global Japanese vehicle manufacturerto test its Eye-Net™ Protect cellular-based V2X (vehicle-to-everything) accident prevention solution.The pilot project will be used to validate and evaluate the software development kit (SDK) configuration of the Eye-Net solution for possible integration into the vehicle manufacturer’s smart city project

Soldato
Can anyone suggest a SIPP provider that will let me hold USD,

I am with HL, each time I but and sell I pay £115 in fees due to it changing from USD to GBP or GBP back to USD.

Soldato
I don't really understand the whole "Pie" thing, just allows you to create your own mini-fund kind of? Do you pick the % each thing is allocated so if you put money into the Pie it gets split up according to that? Is there a point/advantage or is it just convenience?

Soldato
I don't really understand the whole "Pie" thing, just allows you to create your own mini-fund kind of? Do you pick the % each thing is allocated so if you put money into the Pie it gets split up according to that? Is there a point/advantage or is it just convenience?

Yup, exactly that. Not sure what's not to understand! Point/advantage is you can't do that unless the broker offers fractional shares, for a start. And yeah, convenience, unless you're happy to manually invest in multiple (20, 50+ etc) individual shares every month?

212 also promote "public" pies that have been created by other users to copy and/or tweak as you see fit. I'm sure other platforms do similar.

Soldato
Okay, just checking I wasn't missing something. I think I'll stick to using bigger more established funds on HL for those more kind of broader investments. Not looking to invest in that number of individual shares on 212 I'm just going to take a handful of larger short/medium term positions on specific shares at a time

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom