• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Associate
Yeah i struggled with 4K for 18 months! At least there are cards at last made for it... best of luck nabbing one!

Dialled down my PC gaming awhile back after picking up a One S and then a One X but getting back into it slowly, need to upgrade my screen and AV amp so may just do them first, main PC screen is 1080p but also hooked up to my 4k TV via my amp which doesn't do 4k, One X is directly connected to the TV but want that via the amp too plus I've been toying with getting an Oculus which my 970 GTX would struggle with frame rate wise on anything newish.

Associate
OP
The second hand market has a life of its own. In some ways it is overtaking the new market. I have seen my vega64 go for as much as £430. But this morning i could have bought a new Gigabyte RTX 3700 for £580. My freesync2 monitor has a firmware issue with Gsync otherwise i would have bought one .

Associate
Gave my nephew my old Radeon 7 for a Christmas present. Cant believe they are being listed at £600+ on the bay. Not fussed about the money I would get from selling it as I would not want the hassle being messed around by selling and my nephew is happy.

Associate
Reading this thread motivated me to sell my gigabyte aorus 1080 ti thats been sitting under the office desk since i upgraded in november. i listed it on ebay today for £400 with open to offers. seven minutes later it was sold for the full asking price. thats crazy... i think i only paid around £650 for it new which was maybe 3 years ago

Soldato
Reading this thread motivated me to sell my gigabyte aorus 1080 ti thats been sitting under the office desk since i upgraded in november. i listed it on ebay today for £400 with open to offers. seven minutes later it was sold for the full asking price. thats crazy... i think i only paid around £650 for it new which was maybe 3 years ago

Should have asked for £500...

;)

Associate
Dialled down my PC gaming awhile back after picking up a One S and then a One X but getting back into it slowly, need to upgrade my screen and AV amp so may just do them first, main PC screen is 1080p but also hooked up to my 4k TV via my amp which doesn't do 4k, One X is directly connected to the TV but want that via the amp too plus I've been toying with getting an Oculus which my 970 GTX would struggle with frame rate wise on anything newish.

Bit the bullet on a Sony STR-DN1080.. hopefully GPU prices will come down a bit once I've recouped some funds lol

Caporegime
Been keeping an eye on second hand prices as i look for a new GPU. I have a Sapphire vega64 nitro+ . One just went through auction at £420 inc postage ... That's insane. It's what i paid for mine new!!!

many things are stupidly priced 2nd hand at the moment its not just new pc parts its across the board. many things low in stock or gouged by people selling them. this has had a knock on effect obviously in the 2nd market. also many people are off work with furlow payments and just buying crap.

Caporegime
Got 300 for my vega 64, had a friggin miner from Greece contact me a few times about wanting it. Nope to him even if he was offering a bit more.

Associate
I did exactly this yesterday, sold within the hour, full asking price which felt better after dropping £1400 on the 3090.

Associate
Any other economists here think that inflation is heading though the roof, whatever the CPI says?

No mate no chance to many bubbles if a few of them were allowed to pop it`s game over and we would all be back to the bottom of the ladder again. They will just keep manipulating the Statistics like they have done for the last two decades.

Associate
I did exactly this yesterday, sold within the hour, full asking price which felt better after dropping £1400 on the 3090.

Yes ... definitely takes the edge off the £1529 price I paid for my 3090. I bought it early November. Never thought I'd see 3090s going for £1750-£1950 2 months later.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm giving my daughter my 1080ti FTW3 when my 3090FE arrives, so unfortunately I can't take advantage of selling that for £400, but at least my daughter gets an amazing upgrade.

Though it will free my old Zotac AMP Extreme 980ti for sale, and it looks like those are going for £150-200, which is incredible for the card's age.

Associate
Listed my 2 x GTX 980's for SLI yesterday, was offered £200 more or less instantly so be interesting to see what they eventually go for.

Was using them until early December and tbh I had absolutely no issues playing all games at 27" 1440p on mostly max settings.

Back
Top Bottom