Big Tech Authoritarianism

Transmission breaker
Don
Generally leaders of the free world should keep their mouth shut if they do not know what is going on.

Bizarre you people back this guy. You must be in the same disenfranchised group that must see the world through black and white as his most loyal MAGA supporters. Presumably the same group who get confused by government guidance to stay at home

I have no love for Trump, and don't back him at all. I just have a problem with what is happening here.

I am still not seeing evidence here that the quoted tweets and speeches are anything other than the usual political rhetoric/hyperbole in any speech.

If some people have interpreted it as "storm a building" they are the problem, not Trump. (In this particular instance anyway!)

Do you really think he went out there to incite a violent riot?

Please consider that that last question as rhetorical, given your last sentence. I have no desire to enter into any discussion with you, as clearly you are unwilling to do so without attempting to insinute I am stupid.

Go have a read of the rules of the forum, just so you don't fall foul of them in future.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have no love for Trump, and don't back him at all. I just have a problem with what is happening here.

I am still not seeing evidence here that the quoted tweets and speeches are anything other than the usual political rhetoric/hyperbole in any speech.

If some people have interpreted it as "storm a building" they are the problem, not Trump.

Ah, the classic - "I can't chose what offends you but will say what I like" tactic, followed up by "didn't mean too-ism". You ever heard of manslaughter? There are consequences if your course of action result in something you didn't directly intend them to. Now if there was negligence on your part to reasonably avoid what, in this case, was inevitable (a violent riot) - then there are consequences. Its funny the republicans are defending POTUS by saying your same speech, yet the actual rioters are defending themselves by saying POTUS told them to do it. Who is right in this scenario? Did they have a private WhatsApp group or something that removes all blame from POTUS using his private account to incite dissent?

Soldato
Aside from Trump, quite a few people are getting banned and/or demonetised on the major platforms for pretty mainstream opinions and content. Something isn't right and it's definitely time big tech was brought to heel. Way too much influence now IMO.

People move elsewhere and the next move is to chase after payment processors etc . It's quite scary really.

Transmission breaker
Don
Ah, the classic - "I can't chose what offends you but will say what I like" tactic, followed up by "didn't mean too-ism". You ever heard of manslaughter? There are consequences if your course of action result in something you didn't directly intend them to. Now if there was negligence on your part to reasonably avoid what, in this case, was inevitable (a violent riot) - then there are consequences. Its funny the republicans are defending POTUS by saying your same speech, yet the actual rioters are defending themselves by saying POTUS told them to do it. Who is right in this scenario? Did they have a private WhatsApp group or something that removes all blame from POTUS using his private account to incite dissent?

I will not acknowledge your strawman argument. Sorry.

Feel free to discuss what I said, not what words you want to try and put in my mouth.

Permabanned

If some people have interpreted it as "storm a building" they are the problem, not Trump. (In this particular instance anyway!)

Please consider that that last question as rhetorical, given your last sentence. I have no desire to enter into any discussion with you, as clearly you are unwilling to do so without attempting to insinute I am stupid.

Go have a read of the rules of the forum, just so you don't fall foul of them in future.

You are not seeing the evidence as you probably dont frequent the alt-tech social media sites. Its all there, they take his speeches, dissect them, pick out choice quotes and add meaning to them. Ending up where we had a riot the other day.

You dont see it as you have not been radicalised like those gullible "patriots" have over the past 4 years.

His ban is entirely justified.

Transmission breaker
Don
You are not seeing the evidence as you probably dont frequent the alt-tech social media sites. Its all there, they take his speeches, dissect them, pick out choice quotes and add meaning to them. Ending up where we had a riot the other day.

You dont see it as you have not been radicalised like those gullible "patriots" have over the past 4 years.

His ban is entirely justified.

Now that's an eloquent and reasoned argument.

I can happily reasses my opinion based on such sensibly articulated point.

I was not aware of this "alt-tech" so will have to do some reading.

Soldato
Please post racist comments made by Trump.

You were provided with some racist comments which have been made by trump. Including :

"I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I've got to tell you something else. I think that the guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

What are your views on this as you seem to completely gloss over them even though it was you who asked for them.

Caporegime
OP
It's not just the argument about private companies seemingly being able to do anything they want so long as their T&C's allow them to (in the eyes of some people). It's the fact that along with censoring opposition views they can algorithmically target users and condition people in a way that's never been seen before, which might explain why those people believe that those corporations can do whatever they want.

A decade or two ago 'liberals' were against unconstrained corporate power, today those who claim to be liberals are cheering corporations on to the point where they can go after the elected President of the United States and even after attacking both the 1st and 2nd amendment in recent years they still believe they're on the side of the US constitution.

Trump has been built up to be such a boogeyman by the corporate media that people seem to be supporting authoritarianism just because it opposes Trump and they actually believe that they're fighting it. The mind boggles.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Now that's an eloquent and reasoned argument.

I can happily reasses my opinion based on such sensibly articulated point.

I was not aware of this "alt-tech" so will have to do some reading.

Honestly I would avoid them, its quite sickening. Wall to wall fake news, homophobia, antisemitism, hiding behind "god" and believing they are righteous warriors, endless conspiracy theories, anti maskers, covid conspiracy nuts.....
Make any post disagreeing with pro trump propaganda you will be called a commie, a common term for a cigarette end, a shill, a fedposter(federal agents inciting violence), brainwashed and plenty of other things. The recent Trump lies about election fraud have convinced millions of these people, there are endless posts about the "proof" which are more often than not extremely tenuous. For lols I changed my profile picture to that gender neutral symbol and the amount of abuse I got was unreal. :) They think they have a mission from God to "stop the steal", that Biden is pedo agent from China and/or Satan. Its an endless echo chamber working themselves up into a fury.

Anyway, Trump is pretty much a cult now and most actions can be traced back to him one way or another when you read these things....obligatory "in my opinion"

The QAnon groups are especially insane with what they come up with, despite being constantly wrong and the Q posts being constantly wrong they still persist.

Before the internet/social media these people were random nutters with no means to spread the "infection" but now they are congregating on social media and feeding off each other.

Might not be right to censor these peoples free speech but its lead to a dangerous situation where a huge group of brainwashed individuals could potentially end up in disaster, not to mention pretty much all of them being armed to the teeth.

Caporegime
OP
You were provided with some racist comments which have been made by trump. Including :

"I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I've got to tell you something else. I think that the guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

What are your views on this as you seem to completely gloss over them even though it was you who asked for them.

Yet all of those calling Trump a racist apparently went out and voted for Joe Biden in record numbers, whose history of racism is far worse and clear for all to see if you look hard enough for it (because the mainstream media won't show you it).

So does that make all Joe Biden supporters racists who need to be purged? will there be anyone left when the purge is over? lol

Permabanned
Yet all of those calling Trump a racist apparently went out and voted for Joe Biden in record numbers, whose history of racism is clear for all to see if you look hard enough for it (because the mainstream media won't show you it).

So does that make all Joe Biden supporters racists who need to be purged?

Provide the evidence you uncovered with your sleuthing skills and we can judge Biden.

Soldato
Alex Belfield now blocked from uploading new YouTube content too.

I've seen the guy pop up with a few videos in my feed. I agree with some of his videos on identity politics but the last two videos of his I watced he said some pretty straight up homophobic, bigoted and offensive remarks so I'm not surprised it's landed him in trouble.

Man of Honour
I've seen the guy pop up with a few videos in my feed. I agree with some of his videos on identity politics but the last two videos of his I watced he some pretty straight up homophobic remarks so I'm not surprised it's landed him in trouble.
Agree. Not surprised he's been blocked. He does seem to have a bit of an agenda too

Soldato
It's not just the argument about private companies seemingly being able to do anything they want so long as their T&C's allow them to (in the eyes of some people). It's the fact that along with censoring opposition views they can algorithmically target users and condition people in a way that's never been seen before, which might explain why those people believe that those corporations can do whatever they want.

A decade or two ago 'liberals' were against unconstrained corporate power, today those who claim to be liberals are cheering corporations on to the point where they can go after the elected President of the United States and even after attacking both the 1st and 2nd amendment in recent years they still believe they're on the side of the US constitution.

Trump has been built up to be such a boogeyman by the corporate media that people seem to be supporting authoritarianism just because it opposes Trump and they actually believe that they're fighting it. The mind boggles.
What really boggles the mind is you don’t seem to get that the heavy use of algorithmically targeted users and conditioning of people was spearheaded in the West by Trump and was the main reason he won last time. Trump aimed those algorithmically targeted users and conditioning at people like you and it worked. It was the companies like Cambridge Analytica that are behind algorithmically targeted users and conditioning and they worked for Trump not anyone else or the other side. Trump even said publicly that’s how he won. Cambridge Analytica are also the ones behind Vote Leave Brexit and they used the same method which you fall for every time.

Its unbelievable how many times you have fallen for Cambridge Analytica tactics. Leaked: Cambridge Analytica's blueprint for Trump victory | UK news | The Guardian is just one of many small examples. If you get your hands on the full 27+page presentation For Trumps Cambridge Analytica project its amazing how often you fall for it.

All those Hillary and other posts you made. That was Trump’s algorithmically targeted users and conditioning aimed at people like you.

Many of your posts over the years on this forum match up just about every major time Trump and Cambridge Analytica pushed an agenda via algorithmically targeted users and conditioning. Not because you work for them, but because you fall for there algorithmically targeted users and conditioning hook line and sinker. Even now you are doing just what they want you to do as you are letting the algorithmically targeted users and conditioning control you.

Not that I expect you will. You should really look into Cambridge Analytica and the agendas they have pushed via algorithmically targeted users and conditioning as you seem to fall for there propaganda every time.

Last edited:
Soldato
What really boggles the mind is you don’t seem to get that the heavy use of algorithmically targeted users and conditioning of people was spearheaded in the West by Trump and was the main reason he won last time. Trump aimed those algorithmically targeted users and conditioning at people like you and it worked. It was the companies like Cambridge Analytica that are behind algorithmically targeted users and conditioning and they worked for Trump not anyone else or the other side. Trump even said publicly that’s how he won. Cambridge Analytica are also the ones behind Vote Leave Brexit and they used the same method which you fall for every time.

Its unbelievable how many times you have fallen for Cambridge Analytica tactics. Leaked: Cambridge Analytica's blueprint for Trump victory | UK news | The Guardian is just one of many small examples.
All those Hillary and other posts you made. That was Trump’s algorithmically targeted users and conditioning aimed at people like you.

Many of your posts over the years on this forum match up just about every major time Trump and Cambridge Analytica pushed an agenda via algorithmically targeted users and conditioning. Not because you work for them, but because you fall for there algorithmically targeted users and conditioning hook line and sinker. Even now you are doing just what they want you do as you are letting the algorithmically targeted users and conditioning control you. Not that I expect you will. You should really look into Cambridge Analytica and the agendas they have pushed via algorithmically targeted users and conditioning as you seem to fall for there propaganda every time.
The company whose executive was a founding member of Parler.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...ah-mercer-admits-shes-co-founder-parler.shtml

Back
Top Bottom