• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So if your a normal user and hate GPU mining,get over it.Try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Don't waste your time with nicehash. Read this:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34438226

For settings, just test how low you can pull the clocks down on the core max frequency, eg I go to about 1300. Either way make sure to manually set a fan speed (~50% is nice and quiet on reference) because otherwise the memory will overheat and you won't know it because we have no sensors for it & fans won't kick in as they should. You won't be able to both game & mine though, that would be unpleasant. Maybe some very light weight games or game streaming. But you can watch video & do work just fine otherwise.
Thanks for the advice. I didn't realise how insignificant the core clock speed was! I've just set up my 3 kids gaming PCs to join the mining party, so that's a RX 6900 XT, 5700 XT, RX 590 and RX 580 on the go. Projected to make around £10 a day although the kids definitely won't be on around the clock. Why do you advise against nicehash, is there more profitability doing it your way?

As a side note, playing with this today really highlighted what a cool and silent running card my 6900 XT (Red Devil) is! 100% GPU utilisation with barely audible fan speed and a temp of 56 C. Compared to the worst card, the RX 580 that has to run at max 3000 RPM fan speed to maintain a temp of 80 C!

Soldato
we should have a poll in here related to both age and mining interest id be interested to see the results of the range of ages of people who are mining.
41 and mining for 1 day. I don't have any real interest in it but given I have 4 gaming PCs in the house for me and each of my 3 kids, it's seems silly not to take the opportunity to cash in while it lasts...

Associate
Yes. You need to apply your own thermal pads and it stops the throttling on the Memory chips. The overprotection kicks in and crashes your hashrate.
Thanks, I've read on Reddit that other users with this card are having similar issues. Can't say I am not disappointed, but alas it was an impulse buy so didn't do the full due diligence :)

I have just taken the side panel off my case and it went from 70MH/s to 85MH/s.

No idea if applying my own thermal pads would void warranty or not, need to research how easy/difficult it is, too...

Caporegime
Yes. You need to apply your own thermal pads and it stops the throttling on the Memory chips. The overprotection kicks in and crashes your hashrate.
Miners: "GPU mining isn't hard on the hardware. Isn't bad for it. In fact it's less stressful than gaming."

Also miners: "Oh, before you start mining btw, you have to remove the stock paste and pads and install something a lot more robust to dissipate the enormous amount of heat caused by the 24/7 battering of your VRAM."

Gamers: "oh, you"

And that's why I'm not buying another ex-mining card :p

Soldato
Thanks for the advice. I didn't realise how insignificant the core clock speed was! I've just set up my 3 kids gaming PCs to join the mining party, so that's a RX 6900 XT, 5700 XT, RX 590 and RX 580 on the go. Projected to make around £10 a day although the kids definitely won't be on around the clock. Why do you advise against nicehash, is there more profitability doing it your way?

As a side note, playing with this today really highlighted what a cool and silent running card my 6900 XT (Red Devil) is! 100% GPU utilisation with barely audible fan speed and a temp of 56 C. Compared to the worst card, the RX 580 that has to run at max 3000 RPM fan speed to maintain a temp of 80 C!
Yes, you can get more out of it with lolminer for amd and you also have more control over it by setting up your own wallet.

https://2miners.com/blog/lolminer-step-by-step-guide/

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Known problem with them cards. Poor solution from the AIB to be fair. Only knew of it from the 'miners'. ;) It will happen on sustained gaming or lengthy benchmarking. The good news is, thanks to the 'miners' taking off the sub-par pads assembled by the AIB and doing a proper job on it seems to stop the memory throttle as they transfer heat better.

I wouldnt be happy, I think that brand also had RMA issues due to the power cables/connections - one to avoid sadly.

Associate
OP
Amazing post in this thread. I am asking for the trolls to stop posting,you can not change my mind to your thinking so trolling is useless.
Going off the top of my head and I am sure I missed a few Trolls, any post from the list below will be reported by me for trolling. Please stop the non-sense.You do not need to be in this thread. The thread was to help people and not put them down or degrade them in anyway.You post are not welcome in this thread.

@FoxEye
@weldon855
@henson0115
@CAT-THE-FIFTH
@danlightbulb
@Gerard
@NZXT30
@nvidiamd

Soldato
Amazing post in this thread. I am asking for the trolls to stop posting,you can not change my mind to your thinking so trolling is useless.
Going off the top of my head and I am sure I missed a few Trolls, any post from the list below will be reported by me for trolling. Please stop the non-sense.You do not need to be in this thread. The thread was to help people and not put them down or degrade them in anyway.You post are not welcome in this thread.

@FoxEye
@weldon855
@henson0115
@CAT-THE-FIFTH
@danlightbulb
@Gerard
@NZXT30
@nvidiamd
Threatening others users isn't cool bro, you ow them an apology.

Soldato
Not a threat

your not smart

Now you are on the internet pointing out others are not smart,how others are trolling,and deflecting that you said this on the first page:

LOL I made the title of this post for people like you,just to irritate those kind of people. It is amazingly funny to me.

So you admitted to baiting people on purpose.

Sounds like someone who was recently kicked off Twitter. I forget their name. I think they were famous? They kept saying they were smart too. Oh,well you are a stable genius you can figure it out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I pointed you out as a troll,please stop posting in this thread. Simple as that .I know your kind ,I do not like them.

Stop playing the victim. You said this on the first page:

LOL I made the title of this post for people like you,just to irritate those kind of people. It is amazingly funny to me.

You admitted to baiting people,then started playing the victim when people didn't agree with you,and now are attacking people calling people dumb and trolls,etc even if they didn't even talk to you.

Maybe start your own forum,then you can just stay in ever decreasing echo chamber. Because a tech forum is already a pretty niche echo chamber as it is.

Soldato

Why are you being a troll ,stop please.

You are proving what I am saying the more you post. You admitted making posts to irritate people.Then you end up calling them dumb,and trolls repeatedly.

When people didn't show agreement with you,you mass alerted loads of people at 3am in the morning,who had finished posting in this thread,to attention seek and bring them back in to fight with them.

If you didn't want people to reply after you insulted them,then use your stable genius mind and stop pinging people after trying to call them names.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom