*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
The trial is easy if you can parry all of the attacks. I imagine it's tricky if not.

You imagine correctly :D

Despite the amount of time I sunk into this game I was never very good with the timing, especially as I never really needed the parry once I'd got better armour and weapons. I think I spammed the occasional Lynel with bomb arrows.

Soldato
Wish I knew about the game mode setting on my TV earlier.

Been driving me crazy in the Mario games, always seemed to be some input lag, to the point where it was near impossible to do a triple jump.
Switching on game mode last night, I can triple jump all night long! :D

Soldato
So, how awesome does Bowser look in Bowser's Fury? This will be an insta buy for me on the 12 Feb

Also I don't like the Red Switch they're releasing the same day, it reminds me of the red spiderman PS4, cheap and tacky looking.

@DEL 707 - how do you do the triple jump on the Switch? I know that A is regular jump, and if you press A-X, that's regular jump followed by a spin jump which makes it a double jump. What's the last bit that you need to do? I also know that pressing B against walls can let you do infinite upwards jumps if the 2 walls are close to each other.

@Uncle_Gravy - that trailer is 102% of pure epix awesomesauce!! I'm really looking forwards to the 3D World remake (never played the original) but it's great that Nintendo are packaging Bowser's Fury as an extra. Really tempted to pre-order this for £50 from Amazon, as I know CEX will sell it at a slight mark-up even if it's 2nd hand.

Does anyone know if Super Mario Galaxy 2 is getting the Switch treatment? I've never played that either but I've been hooked on Galaxy 1 (first-timer for me) for the last 6 weeks. Got 46 stars now... no idea how far in the game I am?!

Soldato
@DEL 707 - how do you do the triple jump on the Switch? I know that A is regular jump, and if you press A-X, that's regular jump followed by a spin jump which makes it a double jump. What's the last bit that you need to do? I also know that pressing B against walls can let you do infinite upwards jumps if the 2 walls are close to each other.

@Uncle_Gravy - that trailer is 102% of pure epix awesomesauce!! I'm really looking forwards to the 3D World remake (never played the original) but it's great that Nintendo are packaging Bowser's Fury as an extra. Really tempted to pre-order this for £50 from Amazon, as I know CEX will sell it at a slight mark-up even if it's 2nd hand.

Does anyone know if Super Mario Galaxy 2 is getting the Switch treatment? I've never played that either but I've been hooked on Galaxy 1 (first-timer for me) for the last 6 weeks. Got 46 stars now... no idea how far in the game I am?!
It's a remaster rather than a remake. With a bonus added on. I can't wait for it. I never bothered getting it on the Wii U.

Soldato
Is there a more affordable and safe secondary dock for the switch yet?

Asking as my daughter has a switch but brings it between her mum's and mine, hasn't been a problem so far as she uses my dock connected to the main TV but I got her a TV for Christmas so now she obviously wants to play it on her own tv.

Looking around £65-70 seems to be the going rate for these, if that's the case it's going to work out cheaper to buy a used switch and then sell the console on alone and keep the dock :(

Soldato
Xenoblade chronicles or xenoblade 2, I'm leaning towards the first one as it's the oldest not including that it's remastered obviously also it's meant to be the better game in terms of story.

Associate
Xenoblade chronicles or xenoblade 2, I'm leaning towards the first one as it's the oldest not including that it's remastered obviously also it's meant to be the better game in terms of story.

Can't go wrong with either, in my opinion. Personally I prefer XC2 by a slight margin.

Soldato
I bought ring fit adventure and stuck it on level 30.

I’m dying after 20 minutes, please send help.
Haha 30 was too much for me. I think i settled around 20 or so in the end. Need to get back into it as its been a while. Wait until you start planks and mountain climbers - it gets genuinely tough...well, if you're as unfit as we were.

Man of Honour
:D worth the money then?

Just waiting for stock before I buy it

There were 8 in stock in one store when I decided to pop into town today.

The wife kicked me off Smash Bros to have a go and she’s been at it for half an hour.

She wanted to get fit so we’re doing it together to give her motivation.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
There were 8 in stock in one store when I decided to pop into town today.

The wife kicked me off Smash Bros to have a go and she’s been at it for half an hour.

She wanted to get fit so we’re doing it together to give her motivation.

Which store, can't see it in stock anywhere online?

I have pre-ordered Super Mario 3D World / Bowswer's Fury :) It was £50 in the end but I caved because the CEX route would have been more expensive (even for 2nd hand!). Also, there is an ongoing issue with scalpers buying up the stock of video games and accessories (e.g. throttle for flights) as well as the consoles themselves. The sooner we make scalping illegal, the better.

Back
Top Bottom