Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I can't work out what the criteria is for chrome regarding tab groups. It seems sometimes it will group tabs automatically and other times everything is individually when I add one.

Soldato
Quite often, when I take or make a call with any BT headphones connected, at the moment it just wont let me use the headphones unless I reboot the phone. Then it will use them fine... Anyone else, or just me?

Soldato
As much as I'm enjoying my Pixel 5 I must say I'm missing not having a proper macro mode! Didnt realise how much I used it on previous phones until its not there any more :/

*and yeah no issues with bluetooth / calls etc

Soldato
I think I'm going to buy a pixel today (handset only)

Coming from an aging Galaxy S8, I think I fancy a change and these look great.

Any thing I should know? Where would be best to buy from for just the handset, google themselves offer the monthly thing

Any deals out there?

Thanks

Soldato

Any thing I should know? Where would be best to buy from for just the handset, google themselves offer the monthly thing

Any deals out there?

Thanks

You get the better warranty option buying direct from Google.

The klana interest free option is really good

Soldato

Any deals out there?

Thanks

Out of interest, any reason you haven't looked at the OnePlus 8T?

The Pixel 5 is a great phone, but the earpiece isn't great for calls, since it vibrates the screen. Others can hear the call very, very easily :)

Soldato
Out of interest, any reason you haven't looked at the OnePlus 8T?

The Pixel 5 is a great phone, but the earpiece isn't great for calls, since it vibrates the screen. Others can hear the call very, very easily :)

I must admit I'm a bit out of the loop, not really looked at many options but just keep getting recommended toward a pixel?

I'll take look, similar price?

Soldato
I must admit I'm a bit out of the loop, not really looked at many options but just keep getting recommended toward a pixel?

I'll take look, similar price?

The 8T is cheaper, and while the camera isn't as good, and battery life is probably similar, I'd say it's a better user experience overall.

I did pay £449 for mine on sale, however. Not sure if it's still available for that price elsewhere.

Soldato
Depends what you want the camera is shocking on the OnePlus years behind.

I pretty much couldn't get a decent photo with my OP 8 Pro. Even in bright daylight and slow-moving subjects it would produce blur. With static subjects it would occasionally apply bokeh when I didn't want it and it made hair a smeary mess. Compared to my Galaxy FE which took a great shot most times and my iPhone 12, which takes a great shot almost every time.

Soldato
I think the camera is pretty important to me and it's a reason why the pixel stood out I think!

Not ashamed to admit, I tried the interest free thing from google directly at lunch... and got declined :O very odd, first ever refusal.

Checked my score and it 975/999 so doesnt make sense. Did recently remortgage so maybe that's thrown up the issue but not to worry!

Soldato
I think the camera is pretty important to me and it's a reason why the pixel stood out I think!

Not ashamed to admit, I tried the interest free thing from google directly at lunch... and got declined :O very odd, first ever refusal.

Checked my score and it 975/999 so doesnt make sense. Did recently remortgage so maybe that's thrown up the issue but not to worry!

I was declined as well. I think they had issues. My credit rating is good and only have mortgage and a creditcard.

Associate
I got declined on klarna for a pixel 5 at launch as well. Very fishy as credit rating is excellent. And I'm sure I lost a few points because of it. Wouldn't touch that company with a barge pole. Apparently they screwed up the Xbox pre orders as well.

Back
Top Bottom