Fitness+ with two users

Soldato
What’s the easiest way to use Fitness+ on a TV so that two users get individual fitness tracking statistics? As far as I understand it, my wife and I would need to buy an Apple TV, set up two profiles and switch between those profiles every time we want to do a workout. It seems like a bit of a faff and I’d rather not fork out £180 for an Apple TV, especially since I would only use it for Fitness+ and what with a new Apple TV apparently coming in March.

The alternative is to use our iPhones, but the screens are too small, or buy extra iPads to use as screens, which is a stupidly expensive option.

Sometimes I wonder if Apple actually want people using their products or not.

Man of Honour
My mrs and I use it and it’s excellent. Although we already have an Apple TV and watches. You open the app and it asks you to confirm on the watch so it knows who is doing the workout. You have to be in the same ‘Apple family’ though.

For the £80 a year cost for the two of us it’s a complete bargain when our local gym charges that for a month for one of us.

Like I said we already had all the equipment.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response - we both have watches and I don’t mind paying for an Apple TV as long as the experience is a good one.

From how you describe it, we won’t have to muck about swapping profiles on the Apple TV and will just open the Fitness+ app. If we’re both nearby we’ll each get a message on our watches asking if we want to start the workout and whoever presses ‘start’ first gets their stats tracked?

Edit - my wife and I are in the same Apple family.

Associate
You’ll open up the Fitness app on the Apple TV. It will then ask which watch you want to connect to. That person selects their watch from the ones available on the screen and they then press connect on the watch to pair. Then it’s just a case of choosing the exercise program you wish to do and you’re good to go.

Soldato
OP
You’ll open up the Fitness app on the Apple TV. It will then ask which watch you want to connect to. That person selects their watch from the ones available on the screen and they then press connect on the watch to pair. Then it’s just a case of choosing the exercise program you wish to do and you’re good to go.

Cheers - I've bought an Apple TV, but haven't set it up yet. I'm waiting for an exercise bike to be delivered first.

Soldato
OP
I'm quite impressed with Fitness+ so far. It works well with the Apple TV, though sometimes it doesn't connect to my watch for the first two or three attempts which can be a bit frustrating when I just want to get on and go.

Back
Top Bottom