*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I’m certainly looking forward to this game and a big thank you to all the beta testers, from that video it looks like it’s going to be ready by the end of this year.

Associate
!!!WARNING!!! !!!WARNING!!! BLATANT CDPR EMBEDDED SHILL CONTENT FOLLOWS !!!WARNING!!! !!!WARNING!!!
Your mileage may vary. May contain nuts. Failure to pay may put your home or possessions at risk. Opinion does not reflect that of any sane human. 240 volts only. Contents are not organic. Packaged in a protective atmosphere. Contents may have settled in transit. Drain juices before use. Do not read near naked flame. Failure to wear protective clothing may result in injury. Do not eat any part of this message. Not suitable for pets. Do not reheat. Discoloration may occur over time. Use of this content is at the reader's risk. If rashes occur, discontinue use and seek professional advice. Value may go up as well as down. But mostly down. Pour boiling water to fill level on pot. Keep away from children. Mild clunking noises when shaken are normal. Seriously, just stay away from children- they're noisy! Do not re-use once opened. Keep above -15 degrees. Do not look directly into the beam. Keep away from face. Do not read while walking. Failure to comply may result in immediate de-resolution.

Only played 30 hours so far, but I'm really enjoying it. No crashes so far, one bug that stopped a mission, the odd pedestrian clipping through a wall or stairway. I did have one lovely moment where a mission NPC tried to get in a car, missed, the car drove away, and a couple of seconds later the NPC shot down the road as if he was attached to the car by a giant slinky. Wish I'd captured it!

Apart from only watching this thread and a couple of trailers, is the game what I expected? Yes and no. I was hoping for a Deus Ex with 2020 visuals, mixed with a bit of Blade Runner and a large slice of Judge Dredd, with a large, explorable environment. I got most of that, but it's not very explorable- My biggest disappointment is (so far) there aren't any megabuildings that you can get into.

I do like walking around soaking it all up. In my mind it looks magnificent. The fact that cars disappear and citizens don't do much is a shame- a tiny bit of extra scripting for the pedestrians and NPC vehicles would be nice. In GTA all they really do is shout things at each other, fight you when you stare at them, or run away when they're scared and fall over with Euphoria-generated behaviour, but I admit that little bit of behaviour and unpredictablility goes a long way in terms of immersion. On the other hand, this is basically a re-skinned Witcher 3, so it's what I'd expect from the engine. The optic/tagging effect is a re-skin of the Witcher Sense, the telephone is just a replacement for village notice boards, and the environment isn't particularly interactive (still way more than TW3 though). And I don't mind any of that. it could be done better, but it's function for me. I bought the little Japanese shopper car and it's a laugh. Basically Roach on wheels. Don't see the need for another vehicle given what you guys are experiencing. The missions I've done are great so far, I believe in the character, and I've invested in the NPCs. The early events weren't quite Vesemir-level, but still well told and nicely crafted.

Inventory management is definitely a chore, but I can cope. Why the hell can't you order weapons by single shot damage rather than DPS? Also, I'm lucky that the control scheme works for me, because a lack of mappable keys is.... inexplicable. If it doesn't work for you, it must be massively frustrating, and what on earth are left handers supposed to do?!

I did feel very sorry for console owners, but apart from that Jurassic park meme from shortly after release, I hadn't actually checked any gameplay footage out myself. Now maybe they're all paid CDPR shills like me, but I checked some recent base PS4 videos on Youtube, and it looks..... really great in my opinion. Almost unbelievably so for a base PS4. I won't link as most have spoilers, but there are plenty, even from today. Obviously that doesn't account for crashes and instability, which clearly is a problem, but I'm feeling less empathy now- there are plenty of PS4 games that look and perform far worse...

Anyway, I've just got my double jump legs, and am going to explore vertically!

Soldato
Cyberpunk has many issues, but with regard to the last mission with Judy - Pyramid Song...

I truly thought it was a testament to CDPRs ability to craft not only amazing storylines, but also characters that you actually empathise with and care about. Visting the sunken town where she grew up, learning about the outcome of Clouds, her deciding to leave NC behind and then seeing her sat alone at the end of the pier. I must be getting soft, because I found it quite emotional.

Man of Honour
Cyberpunk has many issues, but with regard to the last mission with Judy - Pyramid Song...

I truly thought it was a testament to CDPRs ability to craft not only amazing storylines, but also characters that you actually empathise with and care about. Visting the sunken town where she grew up, learning about the outcome of Clouds, her deciding to leave NC behind and then seeing her sat alone at the end of the pier. I must be getting soft, because I found it quite emotional.

Judy's story is definitely one of the better bits of the game and to be fair is a whole game worth of content in its own - I will definitely replay it to pay more attention to the stuff that feeds into it.

But it is also one of the examples of how far the game falls below what it should have been - you have very little agency in her story there was a big chance to do something far more profound with it. There are 2-3 other characters with a similar implementation in the game but they aren't quite as well developed unfortunately.

I'm in disbelief that they have gamers somehow lapping up this ridiculous excuse for an apology?

Not releasing console review code, when the console versions turned out to be inexcusably bad was "an accident"? Sure...

The way they controlled previews and what was released about the PC version of the game before launch and had influencers try and paint a particular (misleading) vision of the game before release is telling and definitely intentional.

Soldato
Judy's story is definitely one of the better bits of the game and to be fair is a whole game worth of content in its own - I will definitely replay it to pay more attention to the stuff that feeds into it.

But it is also one of the examples of how far the game falls below what it should have been - you have very little agency in her story there was a big chance to do something far more profound with it. There are 2-3 other characters with a similar implementation in the game but they aren't quite as well developed unfortunately.

I get the impression that playing a female character opens up more opportunities with her, however, I do agree. As much as I truly enjoyed her story, it could have been expanded upon by being given more chances to have your actions impact her ending in a more profound way. For example, I felt a bit disappointed that we didn't have the option to assist further with Clouds, by preventing the Tiger Claws from taking over.

Soldato

To your spoiler... yes i did too.

When you finally get the keys to her apartment i found myself going back there several times to see if more dialogue would open or more quests but there wasn't. The only extras i found was when you get a call from the politicians asking you to do a job and Judy tells you, you got a miss call.

Soldato
Not nowadays as its impossible due to social media and constant youtube analysis of anything that might look to be good and original. I think valve did well to live upto the hype in the 2000's but thats a bygone era.

One question i do have is, what exactly were people expecting from the game? (obviously it could be more polished). Genuine question because it seems be have been hailed as a game to take us into a new era like Half life 2 or something.
We were expecting these -> https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...ry_cutchangelie_from_the_promotinal_videos_i/

Soldato
I am looking forward to the fixes.

I played through everything, cleared the map and 100%'d achievements and just want more story! I loved the story. Few comments above about how connected you get to some of the characters is so true.

Yes it got off to a horrible start, but if they pull through with all the changes, DLC, free DLC, MP/CO-OP etc - this could come back like NMS did and be huge. Fingers crossed

Associate
Hi there,

aside from the bugs, I still like the game so far.
News from CDProject

roadmap
72844286b7f6556a3374df207f5d606ebed63a87.jpg

Back
Top Bottom