• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Caporegime
Upgraded to 3070FE from Vega 56 (sapphire pulse) and I do miss the AMD driver software. Nvidia one is very basic. Just to let you know I've sold my Vega 56 on ebay for £310 under 10 min once the add was up. You won't have any issues selling your card with miners at work.

Enjoy your 3080FE :D
Haha, yup it'll be going up very soon on various places ;) :D

Weekend can't come soon enough! :D Enjoy the 3070FE, beastly cards this gen! :cool:

Associate
I have an update on my faulty 3070 FE that I sent back to the retailer:

Fault Found
Yes

Scan Diagnosis

Fans squeel around 30-40%

Credit/Replacement
Replacement
Looks like everything is going to be alright (unless I end up waiting 2 months for the replacement); I will not let them give me a refund under any circumstances.

Managed to get one of these beasts for £7 to tide me over until then:

**Do Not Hotlink images and from a competitor **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate

Fault Found
Yes

Scan Diagnosis

Credit/Replacement
Replacement
Looks like everything is going to be alright (unless I end up waiting 2 months for the replacement); I will not let them give me a refund under any circumstances.

But can it run CP at 8k maxed with DLSS off???? :p

Associate

Fault Found
Yes

Scan Diagnosis

Credit/Replacement
Replacement

LOL, I managed to do some gaming on PubG with the onboard UHD 630 on my I7 8700k when I was in between cards lowest of the low settings.

A2B

A2B

Associate
Wow, must have had some more. I bought mine Monday and it did the classic 404 when I last looked. Maybe given the overnight announcement it might tempt mother's enough to bite?

This is a different link, that was only posted AFAIK on one of the alert sites shortly after the last official drop. It's not on the Nvidia site, it's not even searchable on the retailer's site, but it's been there ever since as 'in stock'.

If the link is real and not some mistake, it does seem like Nvidia is milking the 3080 scarcity by concentrating on larger 3090FE batches.

Soldato
How are you guys getting FEs? I'm signed up for Discord alerts for the 3060TI, 3070 and 3080 (3090 outside my price range) so hopefully I'll have some luck. I would prefer an FE if possible due to the better price, but the rumours of Nvidia scaling back FE production and the mining boom are worrying. I'd go with AMD 6000 if I could, but they are even less available.

Caporegime
How are you guys getting FEs? I'm signed up for Discord alerts for the 3060TI, 3070 and 3080 (3090 outside my price range) so hopefully I'll have some luck. I would prefer an FE if possible due to the better price, but the rumours of Nvidia scaling back FE production and the mining boom are worrying. I'd go with AMD 6000 if I could, but they are even less available.

Discord alerts is the only real way, that's how i got mine and how most others on here got theirs.

Associate
This is a different link, that was only posted AFAIK on one of the alert sites shortly after the last official drop. It's not on the Nvidia site, it's not even searchable on the retailer's site, but it's been there ever since as 'in stock'.

If the link is real and not some mistake, it does seem like Nvidia is milking the 3080 scarcity by concentrating on larger 3090FE batches.
Yeah I've been searching this but no joy, just seeing the 404 page, which incidentally doesn't link from Nvidia or the retailers site. is it on the alert or itself or in comments?

Soldato
I randomly checked the nVidia website at around 2:10 one day a bit before Christmas and there had literally just been a drop. I had time to message a mate who grabbed a 3070 and I decided to get one too.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Yeah, 2pm is a good time to check their stock.

I didn’t sign up for any alerts and managed to bag a 3090FE within a week or so of actually deciding I wanted one.

Soldato
I'll probably have to hold my nose and go for a 3090 next time they come up, especially as a 3080ti isn't coming soon

At least you can actually get hold of them, as they don't tend to sell out as quick due to the expense. Otherwise I think it could be months before I can get a 3080, and the 3080 prices just seem to be going up and up anyway.

A2B

A2B

Associate
what's the deal, am I allowed to post links to FE's here? I mean this thread is just about FE's which OC doesn't supply, so if the thread is OK, is a link OK?

Back
Top Bottom