• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Also, which VRAM sensor should I be paying attention to the most?

cJCQkGR.png
HIe4ZZU
I think the 'Dedicated' one is equivalent to Afterburner's default VRAM readout in Hwinfo, which just tracks how much of the card's VRAM is being used total, including what Windows and any other programs are using. Afterburner also has one called 'Memory Usage \ Process' that tracks the VRAM of the overlaid process only, which can be helpful for knowing exactly how much memory a game is using without Windows or anything else skewing the result.

Caporegime
I think the 'Dedicated' one is equivalent to Afterburner's default VRAM readout in Hwinfo, which just tracks how much of the card's VRAM is being used total, including what Windows and any other programs are using. Afterburner also has one called 'Memory Usage \ Process' that tracks the VRAM of the overlaid process only, which can be helpful for knowing exactly how much memory a game is using without Windows or anything else skewing the result.
Afterburner with the HWInfo plugin (graphs running on 2nd screen rather than an OSD).
Thanks both.

Will have a play around.

Associate
I needed to install linux to my SSD in order to install the drivers for the 3060ti. As originally the only res. I could set was 1024x768
Which is odd because I was able to use a bootable USB with my RX580 and the resolution was fine.

Soldato
I am sometimes getting a random black screen flash, i was getting it every so often up until a couple of weeks or so ago, but i had another one yesterday.

Anyone know what this is related to? Is it the driver or something else? I thought i already updated it before.
I've checked event viewer and i see a bunch of stuff under security, i noticed there's often the same thing under task category saying special logon around the time it happens, but don't know if it's related.

Soldato
I am sometimes getting a random black screen flash, i was getting it every so often up until a couple of weeks or so ago, but i had another one yesterday.

Anyone know what this is related to? Is it the driver or something else? I thought i already updated it before.
I've checked event viewer and i see a bunch of stuff under security, i noticed there's often the same thing under task category saying special logon around the time it happens, but don't know if it's related.

When does it happen? Does it do it when you're browsing/watching YouTube? Turning off hardware acceleration is a workaround but will need to be fixed at a driver level.

Caporegime
Here it is guys/gals :p

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 461.33 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 461.09.

The hotfix addresses the following issues:
  • Adobe Premiere Pro may freeze when using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) [3230997/200686504]
  • [461.09] NVIDIA Broadcast Camera filter may hang. [200691869]
  • [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game (Without using any Hardware monitoring tool). [3152190]
  • [Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes. [3203114]
  • [NVENC] Colors of webcam video image on receiving end of Zoom may appear incorrect [3205912]
  • [Assassin's Creed Valhalla] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay [200679654]
  • [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs. [3220107]
  • [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken. [3169099]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5152

Back
Top Bottom